Part 18

...

.... uh.... My head feels like it got hit with a stone.

My eyes slowly opened. Am I dead? I looked around the room.

Wait a minute. I'm back in the palace. My body shot straight up. I felt pain instantly climb up my side and I fell back down.

I cried out in pain.

"Yugi!"

I looked over and saw Atemu running towards me. He knows who I am! On instinct I jumped off the bed and grabbed a plate from a bedside table.

"Yugi please just-"

I threw the plate at his head and ran out the door not listening to a word he said. 'How in the world did I get back here? Where's my army? What happened?' I felt my side flare up in pain again but I just sucked it up and kept looking for the tunnel for my escape.

As I was running I ran into someone. It was Isis!

"Yugi! Your wound reopened! You have to-"

I didn't listen to her, I just got up and ran into the other direction. I think I remember my way around the palace. If I take a right here then the secret tunnel should be... Yes it's still here!

I went in and closed off the entrance. I was gasping for breath. Suddenly I felt my side pulse and I felt more pain. For the first time I noticed blood dripping down my side, down my legs and onto the floor.

My head felt dizzy and I collapsed onto the floor.

I wasn't completely unconscious, but I could barely move anything without it hurting.

I heard the entrance open.

Shit.

"Yugi! Why did ya have to go and run off like that!"

Wait I knew that voice anywhere! I felt Joey pick me up and carry me back to the medic room.

"Joey... what..."

"Calm down buddy. You've been asleep for 7 days since we got to the palace. You need to take it easy for a while." he said.

~~Atemu's POV~~

Ugh... I was not expecting a plate to be thrown at my face.

"Hold still Pharaoh. This cut is deeper than I thought." Isis said stitching up the side of my face.

When the plate went into my face, one of the pieces got stuck and Isis had to pull it out. It hurt like hell, but at least I know that Yugi's gonna live.

Right now he was laid unconscious on the bed. The wound reopened when Yugi jumped out of the bed but Isis stitched him up again.

"Alright Pharaoh your all done." Isis said with a smile.

I reached up to touch the stitches but Isis slapped my hand away.

"ah ah ah." she waved a finger in front of my face "No touchy."

I smiled as I remembered the time when I was about... 8 years old I think it was, when I fell out of a tree and cut my arm pretty bad on the way down. I use to pick at my stitches constantly but Isis would always slap my hand away.

"hehehe, Yug' gotcha pretty good." Joey snickered.

"Shut up!" I said and crossed my arms.

Seto put an arm around Joey "Good puppy~" he said and patted his head. Joey blushed "I'm not your dog!" and lightly hit Seto's chest.

I sighed and looked back at Yugi's sleeping form. 

'Ra please let him wake up soon.' I thought