Moose And Squirrel; Biggest Pains In My Ass

Not many showed up for the funeral, most of the people that would've were dead. That didn't stop all of them though.

Kevin Tran, who used to be in advanced placement, stood next to his mother. Garth Fitzgerald IV sat on a log, sobbing next to his wife. Several angels showed, but most of them were there because they were close to Castiel.

No one noticed the demon standing in the back.

He stood shocked, even going so far as to, instead of his usual proud stance, sag against a tree. A million thoughts ran through his mind, but he only paid attention to two of them. The Winchesters are dead, and I'm a demon! If anything I should be happy!

He had hoped by now the human in him would be gone. He knew that he would be upset if they died while he still experienced feelings.

However, the fact remained that he had thought of the Winchesters (mostly Dean) as friends. Even though the they had tried to kill him multiple times, they had slowed down in the attempts; that had to count for something, right?

He swirled the contents of his glass and tried to keep his face impassive. After it had been suggested to him by Dean, he had secretly gone to try a drink called Purple Nurples. He'd never planned on telling him, he still wouldn't even if the hunter was alive, but Dean had gotten him hooked.

He watched as the fire was lit and the two boys went up in flames. Castiel had been sure to put them on the same pyre, in hopes that they would go to the same heaven.

Personally, Crowley thought that was stupid. Even if their bodies were burned miles apart, nothing would be able to stop the Winchesters from finding each other, even in the afterlife.

As the bodies burned, the king of Hell thought. He had only known the boys for a few years, but it felt like forever. He'd somehow forgotten what it was like before they went and made life interesting. It would be hard going back.

Garth and his wife tried singing a morning song, but Garth cried too much to actually sing, so his wife ended up carrying the tune herself.

There wasn't any standard funeral food. It was all cheep beer and cheeseburgers. The hunters wouldn't have stood for anything else.

Castiel was the first to leave, off to welcome them to heaven, and the other angels followed immediately after.

The Trans left next. They were having friends over for Thanksgiving. Friends who weren't part of the magical world, and didn't know that two of the worlds greatest heroes had died.

Garth stayed until all that was left was the burning embers, then his wife dragged him away so she could feed him a proper meal.

Crowley was all that was left at that point, but he still didn't come out of the shade of the trees for hours. Long after it had gotten dark and there were only a few coals still glowing.

He slowly walked forward until he was standing just inches from the stinking ash.

The demon raised his glass, and for the first time in hours, spoke aloud. "Moose and Squirrel, you were damn good pains in my ass."

Somehow he managed to keep his face disinterested, but he couldn't keep his voice from cracking.

He turned on his heel and walked away, knowing that his steps marked the end of an era.

And, for the first time in the demon's life (and death) he wished he was an angel. just so he could see the hunters one last time.