Chapter 23

Trev's POV

The sun was glaring brightly above my head as the two of us finished getting rid of those rogues. They outnumbered us but taking them down only took a few minutes.

"How is it going with your pack?" I asked Royd as we washed ourselves from the blood at the nearest river. We're hunting outside of my territories because we were on our way back from hunting food stocks. Royd went after me after having killed three oxes.

"Great. I had a talk with the elders and they agree to joint our packs."

With a nod of satisfication, I made my way toward the corpses wih Royd following behind me.

"What about yours?"

"They all are more than happy. You already know that some of them are mated to your warriors right?"

"True, thanks Trev. I'm glad you have no problem to take my pack as yours."

"Of course, if there's anything you need feel free to tell me."

"Absolutely. Now I need to eat." he laughed. "Let's bury them quick. I can't bear it any longer."

It was a custom to bury dead werewolves, rogue or not, to show respect to Moon Goddess. She created us no matter what rank we were so Her order was absolute.

"You can get back first. I will do this."

Royd nodded at me. "Thanks, I'll bring these to Dulphe." he gestured to five huge dead bucks I had killed before we met the trouble.

"Yeah, see you there."

About one hour later I finished making the twenty fifth grave and readied myself to go home when out of nowhere my heightened hearing caught a sound of dry leaves being stepped.

"Show yourself." I growled. A brownish wolf came timidly from the trees. The size was normal but a bit smaller.

I grabbed the shirt I wore from earlier then threw it toward her. "Shift." I commanded.

She dug beneath the clothes and shifted into a young girl. She was small, petite.

"Name and status."

She was trembling hard out of fear. "M- my name is Clara. I- I am an omega.." her face was deadly pale and stained with tears.

"Omega? From what pack?"

"R- rogues.."

I raised my eyebrows. "Rogues? You mean them?" my hand pointed at the graves and she nodded.

Since when did they have omega? I thought they only took strong wolves.

"U- uh.." I looked at her questioningly. "P- please don't kill me.."

"No, I'm not that heartless to hurt a girl. Do you have a place to go back to?"

"N- no.." she sobbed making her little shoulder shook.

A grumble from the sky made me realize that rain was coming soon. It was getting dark and it would soon be too dangerous to be in the woods, even more out of my territory. Raining night was always a good time for the dark witch to hang outside.

"Then, let's go to my pack we can talk there." I stared at the wounds covering her arms and legs. "And treat your wounds too."

She bit her lips before standing up and rushed toward me.

***

Author's POV

The two set off, not realizing the shadow lurking not far from them.

The scent. It's him.

Whispers appeared from the trees collided with the wind making the forest vibrate with unknown dark power.

Soon. I will come. Just wait for me.

Soon.

New encounter with new characters. Friend or foe?
The picture's Clara and her wolf