History's Legend

There is a legend of a Family of Royalty given the title Dragons, and like their name they had the bloodline of dragons flowing within them.

Legend has it they once ruled the land of Lilodom, but their family name was lost after a great battle that had wiped them all out. But before their end, it was said for years their family ruled the land, and it was peaceful thanks to them.

Until their fifth hundredth year of ruling when a group called the Ravenwood attacked the royal palace and conquered their throne.

In writing, Ravenwood was said to have ruled for eight hundred years including those five hundred years that the Dragons had.

In the archive of the Royal Library there was no proof of Royal Dragons ruling the land or any individuals blessed with the blood of a dragon. Dragons were nothing but mythological creatures used by enemies of Ravenwood in order to scare them and gain more rebels to fight against the Royal Family, but the people who had called themselves Dragons and those who followed under their wing were exterminated in the end.

But even so, there was rumor that Lilodom's history was rewritten under the comand of Ravenwood's first ruler, Arthur Ravenwood.

Throughout the land, stories and more legends connected to this legend were being told. For years people told the legend of Ravenwood, dragons, and The Royal Dragons, secretly passing it down to the next generation.

People around Lilodom and far off in the neighboring kingdoms searched for the existance of dragons, but failed. It was a known fact that dragons were not real, but people still believed and ventured out. Groups were made and even if they didn't find anything, there were still many of them who believed some part of the legend had to be real.

Eventually those who left home and wondered in search of the real story were labled as outcasters, for it was forbidden.

Those people who ignored the Ravenwood's laws were then left with no place in the land. It was a crime, punishable by death should one prove the legend was true, and as suspicious as that law had been, it did do its job. It wasn't long after they settled down, but instead of going home they stayed together as a group and called themselves Familias, since Familias had existed long before the law was passed.

Another part of the legend was that Familias were said to have started around the time Ravenwood began to rule, and although history doesn't really say why Familia's started, it was left a mystery to the curious ones.

Some of the Lilos (people of Lilodom) believe all the stories told about the Ravenwood, dragons, and The Royal Dragons each hold a small hidden portion of the real history.

With just little hope, some still continue to venture around the land in search of Lilodom's history collecting the stories. But the majority of the population does not believe in such a fairy tale that can have their heads cut off. It's commons sense that not everything about the legend is true; many had altered it for their best interest or have their names known. Over time, the people in Familias had given up after settling down. In the end it really was nothing more than a legend.

However, that didn't stop a few individuals from believing. Even if the legend hadn't been proven true yet, many times over the years it has been proven that the laws created  by the Ravenwoods cannot bind a person's thirst for the truth. There are still some, whether in a Familia or not, that still seek out the answers.

All the citizens know is what the leaders of the nation had told them and what was written by the Ravenwoods.

This story became known as History's Legend...

Author's Note:
Sorry it wasn't long enough. This is just a little explanation of the 'History's Legend' legend in my story. I won't bring this back up in future chapters so... I explained the important piece already.