Part 17: Curious (Justin)

Justin's P.O.V:

As I lay curled up in bed with Ellie sleeping peacefully in my arms, I can't help but feel my thoughts eating at me. All I seem to be able to think about is Ellie's story over and over again.

I'll be honest. I am kind of hurt that she kissed someone else. But when I saw her face and the self disappointment in her eyes, I knew I wasn't the only one hurting. So, knowing that she has been beating herself up repeatedly about this, I tried to just be there for her and listen. Hell, I even was able to smile, which eased things up a bit.

But, I can help but to be so curious about who this Bob person really is. The only person who I can think of it being is Jesse. This doesn't surprise me at all, as he seems to be so in love with her. I mean I obviously understand, what guy isn't head over heels for her? I try and think of other possibilities but none come and he only repeats in my mind. It could just be some random guy from school I've never met. She did say she gave him a ride to school, meaning he must live somewhat near her. Again, Jesse fits the mold as he's her neighbor. But she said he told her about the engament as if it was a big secrete that she never told him, which proves Jesse not to be it, I guess.

My inner detective work is interrupted as Ellie rolls over and flutters her eyes open, looking up at me.

In her sexy sleepy voice, "You're still awake?" She asks me.

I half smile at her, " Yeah, I'm just.... thinking."

"About what?" She sits up against her arm, and I already regret thinking about the story. I'm probably over thinking big time.

"Oh, it's nothing. It's why I can't sleep. Mindless thinking."

She has concern written all over her face, "It's mindless dreaming, Justin. Are you sure? What's bothering you?"

I sigh, but I know I just need to ask her, "Who's Bob? Really, who is he?"

She huffs, frustrated, "I changed his name on purpose, Justin." She crosses her arms as she lays onto her back.

I roll flat onto my back as well, staring at the ceiling. I look over at her, "I know, I know, but, I can't help it. It's driving me crazy, trying to figure it out. I mean if I told you I had kissed somebody, and told you, but not their name, wouldn't you be... curious to say the least?"

I can see her tell herself I'm right. "Of course I would. But you see, the thing is that I wouldn't be so unable to tell you his name, if I wasn't so ashamed of myself for doing it. You don't even know him, so what's the point of knowing his name?"

"Well, I figured that I don't know him. But knowing that you know that you can always tell me anything and everything, I wonder why not this?"

She released another frustrated sigh, only louder this time. "Justin, I do not know. I'm just... worried, I guess. And before you say it, I know I shouldn't be, which only adds to my confusion. You see I don't think I've ever told you about my school girl crushed before we met, and before I was a belieber, really. Well, Bob was my BIGGEST crush in middle school. This crush was hard core. Go big or go home, head over heels, crush. It was no joke and then he goes and kisses me! It's all too much to process in barely over 24 hours."

She's right, she never did tell me about before me, as in this. It doesn't satisfy my curiosity. "Ellie, please just tell me his name. I will still love you, no matter what." I put my hand on her.

She sighs and rubs her face. "Fine. It was Gayle. Gayle Oakland, my friend, pathetic school girl crush, school's biggest flirt, and he kissed me."

I scrunch up my face in confusion, "Who?"