Sorry

Ava's P.O.V

Unshed tears painfully stung at the sensitive flesh of my eyes as I looked down at him. Cuts and bruises littered his now pale skin. His beautiful blue orbs  securely hidden from the world behind his bruised eyelids. The only comfort I found in the brutally cold room came from the beeping machine that sat aglow in the far corner. With a trembling finger I tentatively  stroked his stubble covered cheek finally allowing the tears to flow.

This was all my fault. If I'd taken the time to speak to him instead of allowing my hurt to come out as anger; anger I used to hurt him just as much as I thought he'd hurt me this would've never happened. The truth is the last words I said to him were a blatant lie and now I don't think I'd ever be able to tell him the truth. We were too far gone. This situation spiraled out of control and now that we'd finally crashed at the bottom it left us both in peaces.

Gazing at the shattered remains of what my life used to be I allowed the truth to leave my lips in painful gasps. It did nothing to quell the raging pain that gripped my heart in its iron fists as a stream of hot liquid slid down my cheeks and  in that precise moment I refused to believe that I'd lost the one thing that I had left in this world. The one person that fought for what was right even when I allowed my emotions and theories to get the best of me.

This time I wouldn't be able to shamelessly admit that I was wrong silently enjoying the way his blue eyes would gloss over with pride and love. I'd broken us and the only words I could get out through gasps of air; the words thickly coated in truth, pain and love quickly rolled off my tongue before my body was taken over by excruciating pain causing my world to be consumed by thick darkness that I momentarily preyed would be eternal.

"I'm sorry."
🌨✨🌨

Earlier that day

I sat staring blankly ahead at the multicolored pages that laid before me. I was sick and tired of looking at dress designs the continuous bouncing of my left leg a clear sign of my restlessness yet she just kept going. Paying absolutely no mind to my rapid movements. Book after book, countless pages later and she still couldn't make up her mind and we haven't even stepped foot into a bridal shop yet. That outing in particular I was secretly dreading although I didn't mind being there for my picky friend when she needed me the most.

"Mommy!" Skyler whined running into the messy living room area steeping over the numerous magazines and books that littered the hardwood floors. "What's wrong baby?" I asked lifting her into my arms wiping her tear stained face. "Tyler hurt Jimmy." She said between sniffles her blue eyes red and puffy the color closely resembling that of her rosy cheeks. "No I didn't!" Tyler defended coming so she stood in front of my seated form. "Yes you did!" Skyler lashed back clinging tightly onto my t shirt.

"Girls! Tyler if you didn't do it then explain how he got hurt?" I inquired looking at my daughter who looked extremely cute in her floral print dress that stopped a little above her knees. "Max ate him." She answered simply shrugging her shoulders. "Tyler." I warned glaring at her but my glare soon fell when I saw the black and white dog appear with half of the stuffed toy in his mouth. "See. He likes Jimmy." Tyler giggled patting him on his head before moving so she sat in Stacey's lap.

Sighing I stood from the couch carrying a fussing Skyler into the kitchen. "Mommy'll fix him I promise." I cooed hoping that she'll stop crying. "I want daddy to fix it." She grumbled pulling away so she could look up at me thankfully after I had rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Okay." I whispered kissing her on her cheek lovingly before placing her on the floor watching as she ran off with a smile on her reddened face no doubt on her way to get the phone to call him.