Someone Special

The Next Day

*Bucky's P.O.V*

The boys and I were at a small club in the city nearby. Everyone was having a good time. Even me for the most part; but Claire hadn't showed up yet. . .

If at all

I've had that thought for over an hour now. And truth be told I have no idea when her switch will go back to hating me.

"Hey Barnes!"
I turned around and saw a friend of mine. "Quit sittin' at the bar and get with one of the lovely ladies in this place," he said raising his eyebrows. "God knows when we might get to see another woman like this."

I resisted from being dragged out and stayed at the bar. "No thanks pal. I'm waiting for someone special."
He just looked at me and motioned to the crowds of people, "What do you mean? There's all kinds of special on the dance floor."

I shook my head and laughed, "Not my kind."
"Suit yourself," he shrugged and went towards a crowd of giggling girls.

I turned to the bartender. "Another, please."

"Oh don't tell me you've started to have fun without me," said a voice.

I knew she'd come

I turned around and saw Claire. Let me tell you that my jaw almost fell to the floor at the sight of her. To begin with she was wearing a red dress. She always did like that color. It hugged her body nicely and I had to focus on her hair to not start staring at the V- line that it made down her torso.
Her hair although still in a bun was more relaxed and framed her face better than the army one did.
It was nice seeing her outside of the camp.
She looked so beautiful.

"You came," is what I decided to say first. I mentally kicked myself in the ass.

*Claire's P.O.V*

It gave me slight pride,and not to mention a major ego boost, when Bucky stood there speechless with his jaw wide and open. I laughed at his response, "It's good to see you all dressed up instead of covered in dirt."
He smiled, "Well you look beautiful."
I felt my cheeks go red at that and I mentally cursed myself again for the second time today.

~~~~~flashback~~~~~

     The end of training had been like every other time before. Little speech, couple handshakes; the usual. And when Bucky came to get his handshake I gave him a bright smile and held the shake a millisecond longer than the norm.

If I were his I'd have kissed him congratulations.
Stop it

~~~~~~~~~~
"Doyle?!" Said a voice. I snapped out of it and realized it was one of my former recruits. Clearly drunk at the sight of him.
"She's your someone special?" He asked slurping the words and leaning on Bucky for some support. He laughed nervously and pushed him off.
"Well at least she's got character. See you later ma'am," he saluted and walked off tripping on some steps.

I raised my eyebrow at Bucky who just cleared his throat and changed the subject.
"So why'd you get here so late, doll?"

~~~~~flashback~~~~~

"Oh you're not gonna go dressed in that, are you?" Abi commented upon seeing my blue dress.
"What's wrong with it?" I asked slightly insulted and I braced myself for what Abi had to say. Oh so brutally honest Abi.

"Well for starters, that dress looks older and dustier than some of the files I've seen in the back if the admin closets."

I just stood there dumbfounded.

"You can't go out dressed in that."
I sat on my bed, "I don't know what to do! I don't go to these things, I don't know how to dress!"
"That's why you have me, honey. Now change. I've got just the dress."

She threw a red one at me. Certainly looked better than anything I would've thought to wear.

"And hurry up! You're already late!"

~~~~~~~~~

I shook off the memory. "You know. A girl likes to make her entrances."
He chuckled.

A lovely sounding song came on. It was slow and perfect.

"Hey, Claire," Bucky said extending his arm to me. "Wanna dance?"

I smiled and took it then he led me to the dance floor where he pulled me close to him. With one hand on my waist and the other holding my other hand we slowly danced to the song.
It felt wonderful being in his arms. I looked up and he was smiling down at me. I felt another blush creeping in but I didn't care. His beautiful blue eyes saw into my soul and I was completely fine with that.

Hours Later

Bucky and I were now walking outside hand in hand by a nearby park. Tonight was honestly perfect. Bucky and I danced slow songs, fast songs, and everything in between.

"You know he never spoke up like that since you punched him," he joked and I laughed.
"Well, serves him right for making such a crude comment."

"Damn, darling you really are something special," he said pulling me closer to him.
"Well I think I recall someone at the bar calling me your special someone on your behalf," I joked and he only held me tighter.

"I'm serious," he whispered. I snuggled in his chest as he held me and mentally protested when he pulled me back to say something.

"I have a confession to make, Claire," he started. I just looked him, waiting.
" I love you."

What?

"I love you so much. Ever since we were kids I knew. I knew I loved you. I knew you had to be mine. God, Claire you have no idea how much it hurt me when you left. I was gonna tell you that day, you know. No other girl was like you. I only wanted you. I only want you."

I blinked a couple times and I felt my heart flutter around in my chest. "Buck-"

"Please let me finish. I thought I was never gonna see you again. But lord when I did I just had to get you back. Last time I waited too long and you were taken away from me. I couldn't have that happen again. And I've been seeing you almost everyday for months and it's been torture. To be with you but not close enough. To be able to see you look beautiful yet never tell you. Claire for every second of every day all I think about is you."

He loves me. . .

"Now I know that this probably messed up every piece of the friendship we've rebuilt but I needed to tell you. I need you to know that I love you ."

I blinked again and was at a loss for words. I hadn't noticed that I let go of every part of his body until I noticed our distance. He was trying to look for a response, I could see it in his eyes.

I stepped closer to him until we were barely in inch apart. Bucky's breath was shaky and he was tense as if he expected the worst blow. I got even closer.

Bucky slowly reached his hand to mine and I felt him relax a bit. With his other one he cupped my face and removed stray hairs from it. His touch on my skin felt like electricity. I wanted more. I needed more.
I smiled lightly at him and I saw his eyes light up. He slowly bent down; it felt like a million years until our lips met.