Chapter 8: Nightmares and Night Scares

I stayed in the bathroom. Clara called Chris who was over in no time along with Headmistress Bennett. They tried coaxing me out of the bathroom but I wouldn't budge.

"Cabela, open the door, please. It's alright you're safe. We're here for you. Please let me in." Chris called through the door. I was huddled in between the wall and the front of the toilet. Someone was watching me and knew my phone number. A number I didn't even know fully.

The door handle jiggled before Chris slipped in. He closed the door behind him and knelt in front of me.

"Cabela?" My eyes stayed fixed on one spot on the wall behind Chris. I couldn't look away. "Cabela, look at me. Everything is going to be alright. We're going to give your phone to the police and hype up security. We'll find out who is harassing you. Please come out with me."

He offered his hand and after looking at it for a few long seconds, I took it. He helped me up and folded me in his arms. I relaxed slowly. I don't know if it's the way he's cradling me or if it's just because I knew I was safe in his arms. I trusted him and I felt a lot better with him. I guess sometimes you just need to be hugged. Chris pulled me out of the bathroom where Clara and Headmistress Bennett were waiting.

"I promise to get down to the bottom of this and make sure that whoever is after you and your brother is put behind bars. No one will harass my students." Headmistress Bennett said holding my face so that I was looking at her.

A police officer walked into my dorm and whispered something to Headmistress Bennett. She grimaced and stepped away from me. They both started whispering fiercely and Clara walked over. She engulfed me in a ginormous hug and we just stood there while the police officer talked to Headmistress Bennett.

"Miss Sanders, can you tell me what happened tonight?" The officer asked me after finishing his talk.

"I was talking with Chris and when we said goodbye I felt someone watching me. I ran into the dorm and looked out to see a man standing where Chris and I were standing. I bolted back here and checked and closed all the windows and that's when I got the phone call." I said feeling the fear creep up my spine.

The officer wrote it down and asked me more questions like what did the guy look like, how did the guy sound, what time did I receive the call. It was all a jumbled mess to me. I ended up crying with Chris holding me. What was happening to me and why was it happening to me? Where was this guy and what did he want with me and Jax?

Clara made me a small cup of soup after the police officer and Headmistress Bennett left. Chris was still holding me while I fought a battle with hiccups. Chris took the cup for me when I didn't reach for it and placed it on my nightstand.

"Maybe it would be good for you to stay the night Chris. I don't think Bela would be able to sleep without you here." Clara said going to the closet. "Of course you'll have to sleep on the floor. But I have a very fluffy comforter in here."

She pulled out a very fluffy comforter and laid it on the floor next to my bed. Chris got up and pulled his shoes off. Clara handed him a pillow and a blanket. 

"Cabela, I'm going to be right here on the floor. Clara and I are here for you. Drink some soup and get some rest ok?" Chris said pulling off his shirt to reveal a raggedy tank top underneath it. I just nodded and cuddled with my pillow. Maybe my dreams will be about Africa.

Sleep is a strange thing. You can be wide awake and ten minutes later be out like a light. That was me. I was out within minutes of the lights going out. My hopes for a good dream were dashed when the dark looming figure appeared from behind a tree near a village my family and I were camping out at. His teeth glimmered in the sun. I backed away from him as he swiped at me. He ended up getting my mom. She screamed as his claws pierced her. I screamed as he swiped at me again. This time he pierced my dad. I started crying as I saw my brother beside me. He was next if I backed up. Instead of backing up I pushed him out of the way. I screamed again as his claws pierced me. He started shaking me screaming at me. I couldn't understand what he was saying. Then: