What Seems to Not Be There, Lies Within

12:00am
The sky was filled with stars. Everything was silent, except the whooshing of the waves against the Argo II. The peacefulness was interrupted by a voice that I had not heard in years.

'Hello' They said. I didn't bother to face them. I didn't even reply.
'Your being quite sour tonight, aren't you?'
"I don't want to talk to you." I say, voice slightly wavering.
'Hmm? And why is that?'
I sat down on the deck, crossing my legs.
"P-please go away. I don't want to cause any t-trouble.." I feel extremely uncomfortable and exposed right now.
'And what makes you think I'd do that?'

Moments pass by slowly. I sit there, profusely fidgeting.
'Y'know, those "friends" of yours put me off. I don't think they understand anything.'
"Don't bring them into this." I snap weakly. Their voice always brings back the things I did. The sins.
'They act like your dangerous, feral animal that'll blow any minute!' They continue without acknowledging anything I've said.
'But maybe that is true.' I can feel the sly smile in their tone. I look up, brown eyes gazing into me.
'You are weak, yet strong. You are fearsome, yet harmless. You are uncontrollable, but lack actual control. You are a liability that no one can handle.'
I squirm at their words.
'They're bound to betray you. Just. Like. Him. They'll sacrifice you the moment they get to. You remember those sky, blue eyes? Remember how he left you to die. You should've listened to me then. You wouldn't have been in that mess. But I guess I can forgive you. You know why? Because I love you, Percy. With all my very being. I know what's best for you. So, please darling, listen to me.'
Other small voices joined in saying, listen listen listen.
"What do you want?" I ask quietly.
'Stay away from them. At any given time of danger, leave them. I know they'll betray you. When I think they're close to doing that, I'll have you take care of it. But it is critical for you to follow me no matter what.'
"Ok?"
'NO! Don't sound unsure! That does no good.'
" . . . "

~Piper~
3:45am
It must be somewhere near four in the morning right now. I've been awoken by nothing. I just opens my eyes and here I am. Awake and still tired.
I hear something muffled up above on the deck.
I go check out the sound up on deck.
Step by step, I make my way up and see the source.
Jason is crouched by Percy, seeming to be consoling him.
"What happened?" I whisper to him. He looks up and just shrugs a bit.
"Can you help me get him downstairs to the dining area? He should get something to eat." He says. I gently grab one of Percy's arms and put it over my shoulders. We then hobble down and sit him down.
"I just found him crying. Probably another nightmare or something." Jason whispers over to me.
"This is kinda odd. He usually never leaves his room when a nightmare happens.." I say softly. Jason shrugs again, "Maybe it differs. You can't really take one action as permanent when someone as unstable as him..." Jason starts to trail off like he is thinking of something else. Our attention is taken away by Percy mumbling something. Jason rushes over.
"Shhhh. It's alright. They're not here. It's okay. You're okay. Shhhhh." He starts.
I walk out, feeling like I've invaded a private moment. I then make my way to Annabeth's room to see if she alright. I knock.
"Hey. Annabeth, it's me. Piper..." I say softly.
"...Come in..." I hear the hoarse voice say. I turn the knob and push. Inside lays a tangled mess of sheets and blankets. Clothes are strewn everywhere and shoes are misplaced. Annabeth sits up in bed and you can't see her face. It's covered with her rat's nest hair.
"H-how was your night?" I ask. She shrugs.
"I dunno... To be honest." The blonde says.
"Well, let's get you ready for the day." Annabeth nods and slips out of bed. I look around for something that looks somewhat clean. Finally we settle for a decent looking camp shirt and some shorts that have the least amount of stains on them.
"Here ya go." I hand over the bundle of clothes.
"Is Percy okay?" She asks, "I had a dream last night that he was in distress, but I couldn't wake up to check on him."
"Ah. He had a nightmare. Jason found him on the upper deck. He is taking care of him right now." I say gently.

~Jason~
12:30am
I couldn't sleep. That's why I'm awake. I decided to get some fresh air. The ocean smell hits me, but I don't find very comforting. I was hoping it'd put me at some ease, as I'm very tense right now. We are close to our battle with Gaia and after Percy and Annabeth got out of Tartarus, we've been very protective of the two. They worry us quite a bit. We will never tell them that, though. It'd make them feel bad for sure. I look up to the sky. Star filled to the brim. I sigh. Then I hear faint sobbing. What?
I look around and finally see the source. Percy sits, curled up in a ball on the deck. He is mumbling something.
"Percy!" I run over to him and cradle him in my arms.
"Red isn't safe a colour, red isn't safe a colour, red isn't safe a colour..." he keeps mumbling.
"Percy! Snap out of it." His eyes instantly are on mine. No, he is looking at something behind me.
"Percy, what's wrong?"
"They're here. They're here." His eyes go wide.
"Who? Who is here?" Percy starts struggling against my grip.
"Shhhh. It's okay. You're alright. Calm down, please." I say softly. His struggling starts to go down a bit. Then he glances behind me again and goes wild.
"No..Nonononono..." he starts mumbling, "Don't hurt... Don't hurt him please..."
"Perce! You're safe. You're with me." I put my hands on his eyes to block his vision and whisper in his ear. He goes limp.
"Percy?" I ask softly. He nods.
"I'm sorry, Jason...I'm sorry you had to see that..." he says.
"Hey, it's alright."
"I haven't told anyone this. Only my mother and Chiron actually know, though I'm pretty sure my dad knows, too." He starts.
"Knows what?" I ask, confused. He looks up at me in the eyes. The usual shade of green is dulled.
"I have schizophrenia."

~Percy~
11:00pm (next night)
I sit, waiting for Jason. He has promised to help me, though I know that Tristitia won't like this. They are the one who told me to stay away from my friends, but Jason only wants to help and I only want some company. I should never be left alone, to be honest.
A rustling can be heard nearby and then a mess of blonde pops into vision. He has arrived.
"There you are." Jason says.
"Uh, yeah." I awkwardly say.
"You haven't been bothered yet?" He asks while stepping closer to me.
"No, it isn't really that predictable." I wish it was, though I don't say that.
"Why does barely anyone know?" Jason says cautiously.
"Because it's easier if no one knows. People won't avoid me if I don't tell them. I swear I'm not dangerous. I am not a freak." I explain.
"What are they like?" I look at him, confused.
"Like what they look like?" I clarify.
"Sure." Jason says, "What do they look like?"
"Well..." I start, "Their name is Tristitia, or at least that's what I think their name is. They don't exactly have a specific gender, I don't think. Their eyes are brown. And... and they have fox-like features." I stop to think a bit more.
"Th-their hair is... kinda short... and it's colour is unidentifiable. Or at least I don't remember it." I look to see Jason's face. He seems interested in the conversation.
"Hmmm..." He hums, "What do you two talk about?"
"I ignore them." I say quickly.
"I'm guessing they don't like that?"
"Yea. Tristitia doesn't like that. They tell me what to do. Like... like this time...."
"What about this time?" He pushes.
"They told me to stay away from all of you..." I whisper.
"Why?" Jason asks.
"B-because they say you'll betray me just... just like him..."
"Who is him?"
"...Lu-Luke..." I look down. It is silent for a moment.
"Percy?"
"Yes?"
"You know we wouldn't do that, right?" Jason says, comfortingly.
"...Yeah... But..." I stop, already regretting what I almost said.
"But what?" Jason asks. I don't reply.
"Percy, you need to tell me."
"I told Tristitia that Luke wouldn't hurt me last time and he did."
"Percy, are we Luke?"
"...No"
"Annabeth has been by your side since you both were 12. Everyone has taking a liking to you for the most part. I know Hazel looks up to you. We wouldn't betray you in any way, shape, or form. Okay?"
"Okay..."
"Why don't we get you to bed now? Hmm?" Jason suggests.
"Sure."
'Are you really sure about this.'
I stop.
"G-go away."
'He sounds fishy. I don't trust him. You shouldn't either.'
"Stop."
"Percy?"