Nico's P.O.V

I packed my backpack with the essentials. Clothes, my phone, earbuds, extra pair of sneakers, my wallet with mortal cash, and a small leather pouch filled with gold drachma. That was pretty much it. Living in the under world, I didn't have a lot of belongings.

Except for one last thing. It was the photo album my best friend, Will Solace got me for my 14th birthday. My most recent one.

I flipped through it. Pictures of me with my friends. A whole bunch of old polaroids.

We were laughing in almost all of them. There were a few where One of us wasn't paying attention.

The day that We dumped a bucket of water balloons over Reyna's head.

That one time Will got a picture of Lou-Ellen's attempt at a magic trick that literally blew up in her face.

Good times.

And then there was a picture of Aspen... I wondered if they missed me.

We were never dating, but they and I were really close. Their dad, Thantos, the God of death, worked closely beside my father, Hades. We spent quite a bit of time together, long before I met Reyna, Will or Jason.

I quickly shut the album an stuffed it into my bag. I didn't have time to worry about this.

I tossed a couple of my mythomagic figurines into my bag, like Hades, Poseidon, Apollo, Zeus and Athena. Then I melted into the shadows.

(Haha this is my sorry attempt at editing. I'm sorry the first chapter is shitty AND short but I'm trying here, guys. Comments and votes are always appreciated)