Chapter 4

It was a little past one when the zeta tube announced M'gann into the Batcave. As soon as she got there, she immediately went invisible. She looked around and was amazed by what she saw. A giant t-rex skeleton in the middle of the floor, a giant penny on a stand near the wall, and dozens of other items like a cane that looked like a question mark, a giant Joker card, and a Chinese looking mask to name a few.

She finally saw the computer and flew over to it. She sat down in the chair and started searching through some files. She was really glad that Bruce wasn't here, or at least that's what she thought since she didn't see the Batmobile around.

It took her another few minutes before she finally found a folder for profiles. "Ok, now to find out who has Robin." She looked through the files until she heard what sounded like a motor of a car coming closer and closer. "Oh no, he's back," she said panicking. She exited out of all the folders that wer open then hurried over to the side just as Batman came over the ledge.

Batman pulled down his cowl and headed over to the computer. He sat down and clicked on a few things before two files came up. M'gann got closer so she could see what he was bringing up, but stayed as quiet as could be. 'Steve and Sarah Savage. Are they the ones that have Robin?' she thought.

Bruce pushed a few more buttons then suddenly someone started talking. "I thought I told you never to use the phone without my permission!" Pop. Yelp. "I deal with you later." Bruce then angrily slammed his fist down on the keyboard which caused the sound to stop.

M'gann gasped slightly when she heard the small pop and yelp then immediately covered her mouth and looked toward Bruce. Bruce didn't seem to hear her, so she lowered her hands and continued to watch Bruce do things on the computer.

About an hour later, Bruce was still on the computer, but he was looking up something about Penguin. M'gann was sitting cross-legged on the floor a few feet away, her cheek resting on her hand. She was now really bored. She found out who the people were that had Robin and where they lived, but now she was stuck in the cave until Bruce left or risk him finding out she was there.

After a few more minutes, Alfred stepped out of the elevator. "Sir, you really must get some sleep. You have to be at the library's re-opening tomorrow at nine in the morning, and you need to be rested up."

M'gann sat up straighter then stood up. Finally she would have the chance to leave. She flew over to the zeta tube then turned and waited for both of them to leave.

Bruce reluctantly got up, went into a small room, and came out in normal clothes. Bruce and Alfred then headed into the elevator, and as soon as the doors closed, the lights went out and M'gann used the zeta tube to get back to the mountain.

As soon as the computer recognized her, and she fully materialized in the mountain, everyone came rushing over to her. "So, did you find out where Rob is?" Wally asked excitedly.

"Yeah, I found out who they are and where they live."

"So why'd it take you so long?" Artemis asked.

"Batman was out when I got there, but as I was looking though some of the files, he came back. I couldn't just leave because then he would know that I was there."

"And when Batman starts looking things up, it takes him hours before he gets done," Wally added. "I know Rob and I waited three hours one time before Batman finally found enough stuff on someone to take him down."

"So how did you escape?" Artemis then asked her.

"Well, Alred... is that his name?" she asked Wally.

"Alfred," Wally corrected her.

"Right, thanks. Anyway, he told Bruce that he needed to sleep because of some re-opening tomorrow."