Chapter 6

I don't want to go to sleep cause that means that the events happening after school will come faster. After we got started working on our project we got little done. Samuel has a very very very small attention span. He is like a 5 year old.

He would put his finger in the middle of my bun making my head go forward. Or he would kick my leg. Or he would say my name over and over again. Ignoring me when I responded. He would only continue to say my name. He wouldn't help me do any of the work. He only annoyed me.

Now I'm sitting staring at the wall, thinking of all that could go wrong. What if I meet his parents. I've never met a boys parents.

Even if I'm only going over there to work on a project and we don't like each other.

Unfortunately, I fall a sleep just not a deep one. I dream about Samuel chasing me and I'm smiling. Like I'm having fun. He's also smiling. Just not his usual guarded confident smile, he's smiling a genuine smile. Which makes him hotter.

---------at school the next morning------

I'm walking to my 7th period class playing on my iPod trying to figure out where everything was. I have unlocked it since I know where the numbers are placed. I'm trying to figure out where everything was.

I feel a tap on my shoulder. I look up, kinda surprised. Nobody ever talks to me unless to say hi. Until I see who it is.
"No hi." He sucks on his teeth." This girl has no manners!!" He yells to the whole hallway. I duck my head and put my fist to my face to cover it as much as I could.

He laughs. "You're fun to mess with."
He walks ahead of me.

I make a scowl at his back. He is a strange man.

I make it into English. I notice that Samuel is sitting in the back this time his friends surrounding him. I shake my head. He couldn't have sat in the back with me in geography.

He looks up and catches my eye. He smiles slightly filled with an emotion I couldn't place. Pain? He realizes what he's doing then frowns and looks at a paper on his desk.

I sit down, confused about what just happened. I sit down near the Windows.

I have one more period before I drive to his house and I'm so nervous.

What if he doesn't kill me? What if he rapes me?

Class starts but I have no idea what Miss. Valdez is saying. Maybe something about poetry.

Miss. Valdez has brown with a tint of red long hair, brown eyes and thin lips. She wearing black jeggings with a green long sleeved shirt.

I feel something something hit my back. I look back and Samuel waves and points to the floor. I glance at the floor and see a balled up piece of paper. I eye Samuel and he motions for me to pick it up. Still looking at Samuel, I slowly pick it up and turn back in my seat. I open it and smooth it out.

It reads: you better be there tonight.😉

A limited part of me that was aggravated about being told what to do. Nobody controls me.

I glare back him. He is on my last nerve. Seeing my glare, he laughs.

I face forward.

"--this sentence and write it means to you."

Do what with what sentence? The screen turns on and there's a sentence.

"The best things in life are not things."

I get out a piece of paper and begin to write. I feel eyes on me the entire class period, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I don't turn around because I don't feel like turning around and making eye contact with that person.

The bells rings and I stand up and walk out the classroom. I feel a presence beside me. It's Samuels friend?

"Hi." He says sheepishly

I smile suspiciously." Hi?"

He scratches his neck. "I'm Michael."

Michael has brown hair with hazel eyes. He has full lips. He wearing Nike shorts and shirt.

I nod my head.

"Listen I'm supposed to do something to you, but I don't really like playing his games." He glances behind him and I do too. Samuel is throwing glances in our directions. "So I'm going to pull you over to the side and act like I'm doing something. If I don't he'll have my head." I don't react to what he said.

"Is that okay?" He gives me an odd look.

I nod my head. And as soon as I do I grabs my arm gently and pushes me against the wall in the hallway. Everybody watching us. He leans into my ear and whispers, "I'm sorry."

He leans in more into my neck but as he was I hear a thwack and Michael is doubled over clutching his knee. A hand grabs mine and pulls me away from Michael.

Trying to keep up at the fast pace we were going, I look at the people pulling me. It's Miracle and Ashley. Miracle had my hand and Ashley was hobbling her best next to us.

As we were getting to the end of the hallway and shadow falls in front of us on the ground and we all look up. Now it's Samuel.

What's up with people popping up everywhere? Jesus!!!

Samuel glares at the three of us and Miracle and Ashley glare back while I try to stand in front of them only to get pushed back by both of them. I glare at them both. I didn't want them to have his fury when they were only trying to help.

He looks at Ashley." Are you the one who hit my friend?"

She crosses her arms the best she could with out falling over. "Why yes that was me why ever do you ask?" She says while smiling sweetly.

He turns his gaze on Miracle. "And are you the one who pulled Nicole away?"

"Yea I did, by the way if you don't stop making that face it's gonna get stuck that way"

He rubs his jaw which had stubble in it.
"Well we can't have that can we?" Ignoring what she had said.

"How shall we fix this, Nicole?"

He looks at me and I him. But then my view his blocked by Ashley's head. "Hmm I don't know, " acting like she was seriously considering the question. "But you know what would be great, you leave Nicole the hell alone.!"

He loses his smile and walks slowly closer to her and she try's backing up but couldn't due to the crutches so she just bent backwards but he continued to move closer. They were in a very awkward position. Ashley was bent over backwards with him on top.

"Was I talking to you?" He snared.

Sorry guys for the cliffhanger... (Kendyl).

Thanks for reading though. I hope you like it. Comment and tell me what you think!!

What do you think is gonna happen to Ashley? heck I don't even know!