Disquietude

"disquietude"
noun: a state of uneasiness or anxiety.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were all fine. You were laughing with your friends, having fun, probably discussing Behati Prinsloo's street style or Zayn Malik's beard.

And then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, it hits you.

Breathing was such a simple task, you've been doing it all you life; but right now, it's so tough to exhale and you're suffocating. Your heartbeat sounds like a thousand elephants stamping all at once.

Why are you shivering? It's not even cold.
Why can't you speak?
Why are your hands so sweaty all of a sudden?
Why are you crying? You were fine a few seconds back, what happened?
Why does your head hurt? Chest ache too? Why?
Too many people. Too many people. Why is everyone crowding around? You're going wrong somewhere. STOP HYPERVENTILATING. Breathe, just breathe. Nothing happened, you're fine. Get out of here! Hurry up, go away! Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry.

And all of a sudden again, it's gone. It's like you boil and boil and boil and then suddenly, freeze.

You're bombarded with questions. All of which you want to avoid and none of which you have the words to answer.
"Are you fine?"
"What happened?"
"Are you okay?"
"Drink water! Drink water!!"
"Freak, you pretend!"
"What the hell was that?"
"What were you doing? You looked crazy."

Slowly, somewhere between the silence of your mind and the screaming outside, you collapse.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's my second post regarding a disorder. this is what an anxiety attack probably feels like (worse actually). i don't, in any way, mean to glorify such disorders. i just want to express what it may feel like to go through such a moment.

also, i start too many sentences with conjunctions. WACHU GONNA DO ABOUT IT.

comment, vote and constructively criticise. :)