:Waist-Deep in Walmart: Capitulo Seis!

“You know, there was a point in my life a point in my life where I wanted to be a detective,” Anthony commented as the credits of Sherlock Holmes rolled on the television screen. He stretched on the leather couch we were seated on, his hand brushing against my shoulder lightly. “I think it was my life goal, actually.”

            “I did too,” I told him, smiling. “All those crime shows really influenced me when I was younger.”

            He laughed. “Crime shows? Those are investigators, not detectives.”

            “What’s the difference?”

            “Well, their job.”

            “What about their job?”

            “What they do…”

            I rolled my eyes. “If you don’t know the difference, just admit it.”

            He poked me in the stomach. “Never.”

            “Don’t do that,” I scolded him, slapping his hand away.

            An evil grin spread across his face. “Why not? Are you ticklish?”

            I kept my face straight. “No.”

            “I’ll see about that,” he said, slowly moving his hands toward me.

            Trying to prevent the oncoming assault, I struggled to push myself off the couch. Anthony easily ruined by attempt by knocking my arms out from under me, causing me to collapse back onto the soft cushions. He used the moment to his advantage, swinging his leg over so that he was straddling my legs, pinning me to the couch. I gave him my best warning glare while he smirked at me. “Don’t do it,” I warned.

            “I’m doing it.”

            “No!”

            Ignoring my protest, he proceeded to assault my stomach with his long fingers. I squirmed under him, holding my breath so I wouldn’t start laughing. My hands pushed on his chest in my feeble effort to shove him off me. Unfortunately, he was ten times stronger than I ever hoped to be, and not to mention probably fifty pounds heavier. He wasn’t going to budge. I finally started laughing, unable to hold it in anymore and he grinned in triumph. “You are ticklish!”

            “No crap, Sherlock!” I gasped between laughs. “Now stop!”   

             “No way,” he responded, moving his hands to my sides. “Beg for me, Ellie.”

            I shook my head, quickly running out of breath. His fingers trailed along my sides lightly, before he pressed harder, making me jump. “S-stop!”

            “Plead for it, Ellie,” he ordered, with an amused undertone to his command.

            “You’re sick,” I gasped.

            He laughed, not looking the least bit insulted. “Just say please.”

            I shook my head, wriggling underneath him. By now I was getting lightheaded. After letting him tickle me for a few more minutes, I used my ultimate defense. It was a good thing Julius liked to tickle me. Using all my strength, I pushed myself forward, knocking Anthony off me. I quickly dropped down on him, straddling his stomach. He looked surprised, but not worried. “The tables have turned,” I notified him.