Chapter 1 The Visit

My hometown was destroyed when I was just 7 years old. It used to be a happy place. But now it's just ashes and dead bodies. My mother was killed by a teer, that teer was my father. I still don't know the whole story but when the investigators made their way to my house there was a woman on the floor, she had carvings in her forehead. They were just random lines of blood. We don't know why teers do this, sometimes we think they're communicating with us, but we just can't crack the code. We don't know how people turn into teers. It's an ugly disease they say, but it's not a disease, its a transformation.

"Willow!" My grandmother shouts, "We have company!" I pause for a moment. I can't even remember the last time someone came over to visit.

"Okay give me a moment" I shout

  I pull my brown long hair into a ponytail and slip a blue sweater over my tank top. I live in a small house but it's just me and gram so we don't need a huge house. There are two bedrooms and one bathroom and our living room could hold about 6 people at most.

  I hurry out of my room to see 3 people sitting on our couch. There is a woman and little girl on a boy's lap. The woman has bright blue eyes and red hair same as the little girl. There was something different about him he wasn't like the others. He had light brown hair and green eyes. Gram turns to me

"They just moved in across the street" She kindly says.

"Oh...", I say, "umm welcome to Open Falls?" The words come out more awkward than I intend.

  I'm not used to people or making conversation. If you drive 3 miles away from my house you will find 2 houses across from each other. That just repeats over and over. This is the first time in 9 years that someone bought the house across from us. The woman kindly smiles

 " Thank you," she says, " This is Polly" gesturing to the little girl. Polly pushes herself closer to the boy "and this is her brother Zach" He gives me a slight smile. Grandma interrupts while I just stare at the family. "What beautiful names!" gram turns to me "sweetie, Why don't you show Polly where your toys are, they're staying till dinner!"