Chapter Eighteen

Chapter 18:

I was curled up on the couch with a steaming mug of chai latte, I had work in an hour but I was so tired from staying up all night talking to Niall on the phone and then Logan had called and I felt as though I hadn’t talked to him in ages. So I filled him in on the situation, which had him rambling on about how happy he was for me until the wee hours of the morning.

A yawn escaped my lips and I took another sip of my drink before finally dragging myself off the couch and heading into my room to change. I placed the mug on the bench as I began my hair and makeup. I applied the usual makeup and fishtailed my hair down one side so it hung over my left shoulder. Tendrils of hair escaped and framed my face.  

I was still in my loose pajama pants and singlet that hugged my torso when the doorbell rang. Cursing I scrambled toe race down to the door, I flung it open and came face to face with Niall and the other 4 members.

“Dayum girl you looking hot” Harry smirked, his eyes raking my body, specifically my chest which was on show in the tight, low cut singlet.

I snickered as Niall slapped Harry across the head and shoved him out of the way. He deserved that. Niall pecked my lips lightly and murmured a good-morning and the others followed him inside. Harry giving me a sheepish smile which made me laugh.

“So what brings you here?” I questioned, my eyes wandering to the clock. Shit I needed to be at work in 20 minutes.

“Well we wanted to spend some time with you!” Louis beamed brightly.

“Guys I have work” I sighed and they rolled their eyes.

“We know, we have to go into the studio today so we are giving you a ride” Zayn interjected.

“Oh okay then! Well let me go get changed!” I exclaimed scooting out of the lounge room and into my room. I slipped off my pajamas and stood in front of the wardrobe shuffling through the different articles of clothing when the door swung open.

“Niall!” I squeaked, my eyes wide.

“Oh crap” Niall cursed once he realized I was practically naked. But instead of covering his eyes like I expected he would do, his eyes study me up and down. I felt extremely self-conscious under his icy blue gaze.

“Um Niall” I muttered awkwardly. In and instant Niall was in front of me, his arms trapping me in his embrace as his lips claimed mine. I responded instantly, a rush of heat flooding my body as his hands explored the exposed flesh. I felt his hands gently brush the multiple scars covering my hips; he detached his lips for a moment to bend over and press a light kiss to the scarred skin. But before I knew it the gentle moment was over and our tongues explored each other’s mouths with a sense of urgency and passion.

Before I knew what was happening Niall backed me up so we were lying on my bed, his hands rested over my breasts covered by my bra as he supported his weight, but I could feel the arousal pressing against my thigh.