Chapter 16

"We fall in love by Chance we stay in love by Choice."

~ Anonymous

Shailene Pov- I awake the next morning with a frown on my face. I shower and eat and when I return I find Nahko has left. I decide to take a walk in the park. As I'm walking A piece of paper heads my way. I pick it up and read it.

You are the one for me and I am the one for you. Can't you see I love you if only you knew

~ Sincerely Your one and only

Shailene Pov - I shove the note in my pocket that's when I bump into some one. Theo. "Shailene listen I need to tell you something Nahko isn't who he is okay he has someone watching you. Us and you have the right to know that." I smack him across the face. "Do not say anything about him like that okay Theo I know you don't like him, but You don't have to lie on him like that he wouldn't do that to you." "You know what Shailene -" "I think you need to watch yourself buddy your crossing over the line." Nahko says walking up to me .  "Now Shailene you are going to have to Choose it's me or him. You would think because I'm your boyfriend you would  Choose me.but-"  "I..I" Nahko pulls my arm and starts tugging me away from Theo. "Baby we can talk about this later I know he is making you nervous. " Nahko whispers in my ear. "Shailene!" I turn to look at Theo one last time. "I would never make you Choose." He says  boldly.  Tears start to make their way down my cheeks. I turn away and rest my head on Nahko's Shoulder something tells me I made the wrong decision.