Chapter 1 | Beginning of Chaos

"So Lawliet, any suspicious activity?" (Y/n) cheerfully asked. "None for the meantime." L replied," We should take advantage of this and relax for once." (Y/n) laid back on the bed she was siting on. "True, but remember anything can happen." She stated. "I guess you're right." He said. "As always!" She sang.

(Y/n) then turned on the tv. She would constantly change the channel because none would satisfy her. "Why isn't there anything good on!" She complained. L lowly laughed at her childish manner.

She then flipped to a channel that caught L's eye. His eyes widened. "Wait! Stop!" He commanded. (Y/n) groaned in annoyance. "Look there's a hostage situation." He pointed out. She then sat up from her laying position and paid attention to what the newscaster was informing. A hostage situation in a convince store in the Shinjuku. The reported announces that the hostage taker, Kuro Otoharada, died due to heart attack. "Well you don't see this everyday." L said. "Do you think something is going to happen?" She asked. "Yes. I do." He replied with a smile,"But, don't worry. I promise nothing will happen to you."

L's smiles always melts (Y/n)'s heart. It was obvious she had feelings for the black haired detective. Anyone that's seen the two together like this knew. Even Mello and Near knew, despite the fact they don't see them all the time. Actually, everyone around them wishes they were together.

Days pasted by. More and more criminals seemed to be killed left and right for the same reason, heart attack. (Y/n) and L doesn't think this is a coincidence anymore. Something is going on; and it seems to be targeting evildoers.

People started to give whoever is doing this a name, Kira, as in killer. (Y/n) finds it ironic how people are praising a killer.

"L, there's a conference in the ICPO regarding Kira." Watari announced,"Shall I head there now?" "Yes, Watari." He replied handing him a ear piece. Watari nodded and prepared for his departure. (Y/n) held L's hand and pulled him to his laptop. L lifted up a bowl of vanilla ice cream. "Want some?" (Y/n) nodded and L fed her a scoop of ice cream. Before Watari left, he said," I'll be going now. Be sure you're on your computer."

"L is already working on this case." The room got quiet once Watari said this line. (Y/n) looked at L with a surprised face. "You are?" L nodded," Sorry for not telling you. Oh, Watari is about to open the laptop." L pulled his mic closer to him. "This case is none like ever before and a serious crime. I'll need full cooperation of the worldwide organizations. You need to decide if you'll help me or not. I'll need to work with the Japanese Police." "Why the Japanese?" The representative of Japan protested. "Because most the killings occurred in Japan. Meaning, the killer is either Japanese or hiding in Japan. Id like to set up a headquarters in Japan."

"L, are you sure about this?" (Y/n) asked. "Of course. Why?" He replied. "You might get killed." She countered. "Better me than you." L hugged her and held her tightly. "H-Huh?" (Y/n)'s face was flushed with a rose red color.

"Don't worry (Y/n). I'll always protect you."