Chapter 2 | War

"Do you think this will work?" (Y/n) asked. "It has to." L stated. She nodded," I hope so."

They were about to start their broadcast of L "revealing himself." Obviously, both knew this isn't real because of what could happen. (Y/n) was once again on the bed watching tv. As for L, he was near his computer and mic to announce what was necessary. "Lind L. Taylor. How convenient." (Y/n) thought out loud. The fugitive began to introduce himself as L and started explaining what was needed.

"This has to work." L said full of hope. (Y/n) looked at L with sorrow. "L, I'm sor-" She was cut off by Lind dying of heart attack. L and (Y/n)'s eyes widened in shock. "Remind me never to doubt you." She said and sat next to him. L chuckled," Sure." "L, it's ready." Watari announced. "Thank you Watari." He thanked.

Not a second later, the screen changed to L's signature logo. "I can't believe this worked. You don't have to be there to kill someone, Kira. If you're wondering how I'm alive, Lind L. Taylor, the man you just killed, was a criminal that was supposed to be executed today. His arresting was not revealed for this very reason." L continued," Everyone in the Kanto region of Japan now knows. Why only people in the Kanto region? Well that's simple. This news broadcast is only being shown in the Kanto region. I know now where you are." L took deep breathes before continuing. He turned to (Y/n) and hugged her tightly, smelling the scent of her (h/l) (h/c) hair. He then unwrapped himself and went back to his mic, leaving the flustered (Y/n). "Kira, if you really can kill anyone, kill me." "What!" (Y/n) yelled in surprise. "Do it!" "L no!" She hugged him tightly. Hot tears were streaming how her (s/c) face and soaking his white shirt. He looked down at her in shock. "I guess you can't kill me. It seems there are people that you can't kill. Thank you for the hint. I am actually quite curious of how you kill. Don't worry, we'll meet very soon." With that the broadcast ended.

L turned to the crying (Y/n). "(Y/-" He was interrupted by his right cheek stinging. L could see the anger on her face. He can tell, she didn't like what he did. "Why did you do that..." She cried. L looked down in shame. He fell on his knees. "I-I'm sorry..." (Y/n) couldn't bare to see L like this. She went down to his level. She hugged him and wiped his tear away. L hugged her back. She then whispered in her ear,

"Tears don't suit you."