Chapter 2

The auditorium filled up fast with the large hoard of students and all of them took their respesctive seats. They were awaiting the Principal's arrival. After some 15 minutes, the entire room echoed with a screech of the mike. The principal apologized for the awkward moment and proceeded with the announcement.
"Hello students welcome to S.P.A.C.E for the academic year 2015-16. We hope..." He went on with his mandatory boring speech for another good half and hour.
"And now, let me introduce you, to the two lucky students who have bagged the scholarship this year. Please give a warm welcome to Miss Nandini Murthy from London and Miss Navya Naveli from Delhi." As if on cue Nandini & Navya rose from their seats, and were now visible to the entire room. They screamed confidence through their body language. "I hope you make them comfortable. All the best for this year. Have a good day." The principal concluded his speech and made an exit. Navya waved at Nandini, which she returned politely and she moved towards her, to talk.
"Hey! Well, you know my name so let's just skip that part. I'm so glad that I found a friend on first day itself. Wait, we are friends, right?" Nandini was little taken aback by Navya's chirpiness but, she knew she liked her already. "Of course we are! Thanks to the Princi that we got to skip the awkward intro part." Nandini replied which made Navya laugh in agreement. Later on, Nandini introduced Navya to Aryaman and Abhimanyu. They soon jelled up pretty well.
Abhimanyu along with the trio was exiting the room, when he collided with a girl. She was none other than Mukti Vardhan.

"You!" Mukti looked up only to be lost in the most beautiful grey eyes she had ever seen. Their arms which were still in contact glowed green just like their tattoos, indicating they were soulmates. Every couple has the same tattoo which is one of the means of recognising one's soulmate. For Mukti and Abhimanyu, it was a stunning and powerful green dragon. The girls have their tattoos on their lower back while the boys have their tattoos a little below the nape of their necks. She looked into those grey orbs to see only adoration and awe. Her heart fluttered on realisation. While her friends and Aryaman understood their looks for each other, Nandini and Navya stood confused, oblivious to this.

"I'm sorry on his behalf. We didn't see you coming." Nandini apologised. "It's definitely alright." Mukti said, not able to tear her gaze away from those captivating orbs. "Nandini and Navya, why don't I show you our college, a campus tour? I'm sure you'll love it from what I've heard from Abhi." Aryaman said, dragging the new friends along with him, successfully diverting their attention from Mukti and Abhimanyu.
"I'm Abhimanyu Murthy." He introduced himself once they were gone. "Mukti Vardhan." She said shyly, a new surprise for the rest of her friends. Well, you could say that it's not everyday do you find Mukti Vardhan blushing, perhaps never until this day. Their friends too left, giving the soulmates some lone time with each other.

"So yeah, this is our huge campus. Like it?" Aryaman asked the girls. "This is amazing! I knew I made the right decision of joining this college!" Navya chirped with Nandini nodding in agreement. "Now that we are done, I'll be in the music library if you need me." Nandini said, walking away.
"Where are you?" She whispered, looking for a Veena. It seemed that this Veena loved playing hide and seek with Nandini. "Aha! Found ya!" Nandini said when she found her treasure in one of the shelves of the music library. She carried her Veena to the librarian to get it issued for her use. "Never thought I would find a foreign exchange student issuing an Indian instrument." Came a voice from behind. Nandini turned around to find a tall handsome man standing behind her in the queue with guitar strings in his hand and an amused expression on his charming face. "Guess living in London didn't affect my culture." She chuckled. "I'm Manik." The handsome man introduced himself. "Nandini Murthy." She said. "So, how do you like our college?" He continued the conversation. "It's pretty good. You don't find this amazing of a library in many colleges, do you? I like it." She said truthfully. "Uh, I gotta go! I'll see you around!" She said, checking her phone that beeped. "It was nice meeting you." He smiled genuinely and went ahead for the issuing of his strings.