Part |: The Return - 1

I rock baby Isabella in my arms, and hum the four note tune that Rue taught me in the arena. It soothes her. She slowly closes her eyes falls asleep, so I lay her down gently in her cot, kiss her and Harry goodnight and turn off the lights.

"That was a rough day, huh" I say to Peeta who is sitting on the lounge watching the television. "Isabella finally went to sleep. I just had to rock her for, well, you know, 2 hours".

"Sweetie, just lay her down, rub her forehead, and she'll be asleep before you know it" Peeta replies. But I know that that doesn't work. I have tried so many times. I look at him with a look of disbelief and just say "Well, next time you put the kids to sleep".

I join Peeta on the lounge, and we both slowly drift off to a sleep, when a sudden loud knock on the door awakens both of us. I slowly get up, and the knocks get louder and louder. I strut down the hallway leaving a loud clicking noise behind me from the sound of my heels against the timber floors. 

I open the door to find a hunched over, darker skinned man leaning towards the door. He lifts his face, and it is bruised very badly, but the thing that catched my attention is his gold eyeliner. And then it hits me - This  isn't just any normal man - It's Cinna. I lift my arms and wrap them tightly around his neck. Oh how I've missed him.

He hugs me back tightly, panting a little and slowly falls lower into my arms. I call softly for Peeta to come and help me bring Cinna to the dining table. Peeta comes rushing and immediately his face light's up at the sight of Cinna, but then he slowly starts to frown, realising the state that he is in.

"Cinna! I thought you had died. The peacekeepers. They bashed you. I thought they had killed you" I start to say, mumbling on half of my words before he stops me.

He softly says back, "Katniss. Shh. You only saw part of what happened to me. As they dragged me out of the room, things got alot worse. I was hit and kicked so many times that I blacked out. When I woke up, I was in a box. But when I finally found the strength the break out, they found me once again. They have kept me hostage ever since. I finally escaped. 2 nights ago, I found a way out, and asked everyone around where I could find you. The whole time I was in there Katniss, I heard the Capitol talking... talking alot. About you, about Peeta, about Finnick's death. It was horrible. And I have to tell you something. Even though you may think that you brouht them down and you were safe, I have to tell you that you are wrong. They are re-building Katniss. Shard, the new President of the Capitol was watching you, ever since your first Hunger Games. She doesn't like you Katniss, really doesn't like you. She's getting more people to join her. She's creating another games Katniss. It isn't good" 

As I hear these words, I'm in awe, and by the silenced look on Peeta's face, I'm almost certain that he is too. We all stand there in silence for a good 2 minutes silently before Peeta has to run down the hall to put Harry back to sleep who is now crying.. again.

"Cinna. Are you sure this will affect us though?" I reply back trying to stay positive, when it is already clear that we are not safe.

Hey says "Katniss. When hasn't the Capitol put you in the games since the 74th Hunger Games.. I'm almost sure you're not safe"

I make a bed for Cinna where I let him stay the next couple of weeks, dreading the day that the Capitol will take over Panem once again, the day that I hear my name on the T.V once more, and the day that I have to go back into another arena. This whole process takes me a while to overcome, and I finally accept that this fight between myself, and the capitol, will never be over, no matter how hard I try for it to be. 

Weeks go by, even months with out one word from the capitol. But on one Saturday morning, much earlier than I would normally wake up, I was woken up by the booming sound of the Capitols song playing through my house. Myself and Peeta shoot up and run to the T.V, where Cinna soon joins us. We lower the volume not to wake the kids, and what we see is terrifying.

Normally, buildings on a television screen wouldn't scare me.. but accompanied by the Capitols theme.. it is terrifying. This is the moment I realise that Cinna was telling the truth, the Capitol is in fact back and re-building, and I will be put in another games once again.