Chapter 9

It was happening. We were leaving for the first stop on their tour. We were actually getting there a few days early. I had to admit I was scared.

I agreed to take my car to drive the rest of the girls, and when the girls weren't with us, Sam would be riding with me.

Our first stop was in Iowa. Cole was excited to see Tomi, she had to go back soon after the release of Warrior, so we had to put up with his moping around. We still loved him though.

I put the suitcases in my car. Sarah would be riding with me for the next two weeks, and then Riley will join me for the rest of the month while Sarah is doing wedding stuff back in Vermillion. She said yes to Michael, and we had a little engagement party for them yesterday.

I felt two hands on my hips and someone kissing my neck. I giggled and turned around to kiss Sam. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he lifted me onto my car.

“Excited?” He asks.

He was wearing his contacts today, and I only liked them because I could see his eyes, but I liked his glasses more because it made him look like a hot nerd.

“Yep. Can't believe I'm doing this.”

“Since we'll be getting to Iowa a few days early, what would you like to do?”

“Is there any sightseeing we can do? Or maybe we can stay in the hotel?” I whisper the last part.

“Well, we could stay in the hotel for a day, and then go to a baseball game the next day, and then spend the rest of the afternoon back in the hotel room.” We only had two free days, he had sound check on the third day which was opening night for their tour.

“That sounds like a plan.” I kiss him softly.

“If you two are done sucking faces, we'd really like to get on the road.” Cole says, yeah he was ready to see Tomi again.

“Don't get your panties in a bunch, Cole.” He rolls his eyes at me, and gets in the van.

Sam kisses me softly, and then helps me off my trunk. “I'll see you at lunch.” He says.

“I'm looking forward to this afternoon.” I wink and laugh.

I get in the car and Sarah is picking the music. She ends up choosing Fall Out Boy. I turn on the car and wait for the boys to start driving.

“So you and Sam are getting pretty serious.” She says.

“What?”

“I know you've guys been best friends forever, but do you guys ever see it going farther?”

“Well, yeah, but we've only really been together together for two months.” The guys beep at us and go ahead of us.

“I get it. Anyway, do you want to go get a tattoo with me?” She smoothly changes the conversation.

“You want to get a tattoo?”

“Yeah, but I want to surprise Michael, so shh.” I laugh.

“What are you getting?”

“Infinity tattoo on my wrist.”

“Nice.”

“So will you get one with me?”

“Um.”

“Please. Please. Please.” I think about it. I've always wanted a tattoo, but I don't know what I'd want. I've always liked those little black birds.

“Fine.”

“Eep. You're awesome.”

“Okay, we'll do it once we get to Des Moines.” I was really hoping to spend some time with Sam, but I guess we'll have to wait just a bit more.

We get there at eleven. I already told Sam that I'd be off with Sarah for a bit of shopping, and then he'd have me the rest of the day. He was a little upset, but he told me he'd compensate.

“Ready?” Sarah asks once we've put all our stuff in the hotel rooms.

“Ready as I'll ever be. I swear if you pass out while I'm getting tattooed, I'll kill you.” I know Sarah had a bit of a fear of blood.

“Hey, I'll be lucky if I don't pass out while I'm getting my tattoo.” We laugh.

We head out to the nearest tattoo parlor. It's quiet, and there's only one person behind the counter, but we could hear the buzzing coming from the back.

“Can I help you ladies?” The girl behind the counter asks.

“Um, we'd like to get tattoos today.”

“Do you know what you have in mind?”

“Well, I want an infinity sign on my wrist.” Sarah says.

“I want little black birds on my forearm.” She opens a booklet and motions me to look.

“Like these.” I nod.

“Yeah, exactly.”

“We can do that. I'll go get someone else, and we'll go get the design traced.” We nod. “Have a seat.”