Love (Aoi x Reader)

Double update!! Warning: This is gonna be a super sad one.

*****

"I-I l-like y-you!" You said, blushing.

Aoi stood there, frozen. He had never expected you to confess your feelings. Now that you had, he didn't know how to react.

You stood there, wondering what was going on. And then a thought came into your mind...

Maybe he's keeping quiet because he doesn't like me back and wants to say so gently.

Who am I kidding? He's a rockstar, he can have his pick of girls. Why would he ever like a shy, nobody like me? I'm just an ordinary assistant designer. I'm nothing special.

"I'm sorry!" You burst into tears and ran away.

"H-hey, wait!" Aoi called, trying to make you stay, but you had already left. "Damn...and I didn't even tell her I like her too..."

He ran a hand through his long raven hair, trying to decide what to do next, when he heard a loud crash.

A cold hand gripped his heart. What if...(Y/N)...

He ran outside the building, and his heart nearly shattered.

After running out of the building, you were crossing the road, when a truck hit you.

Aoi felt like his whole world was falling down. No...this can't be real...this can't be happening...

* * * *

He entered your hospital room and saw all the machines hooked up to your body. The doctors had operated on you for hours before he finally got to see you.

"(Y/N)..." Aoi said softly. He sat down on a chair and held your small hand in his.

You were breathing, but only just.

"(Y/N)..." Aoi repeated, sobbing, "I wanted to tell you...I like you too...no, not that...I love you...It's my fault...I should have answered faster...but I had no idea of your feelings...I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry..."

The only sounds that could be heard in the hospital room that night were the humming and beeping of the machines...and Aoi's soft sobs.