04. Monster

Monster

Chapter Four

August 8, 2012

The three brothers surrounded the table in the back of the crowded restaurant. It was one of their investments, and also where they could openly do business. No one looked their way in fear of having a target on their backs. The Carter boys didn't play when it came to their business. You had to mine your own. Cigar smoke filled their table as they watched the young brunette waitress come to deliver their drink requests, something they rarely did, in fear of being poisoned.

"Where this nigga at?" Michael spat, not caring that the waitress was in their vicinity with their drinks.

"Patience," Bryce scolded his youngest brother.

The waitress sat the drinks down with a sly smile at the three brothers. She knew who they were, and knew what their bank accounts looked like. She knew not to verbally flirt unless they started it, so using her body and facial expressions was enough.

"Patience?" Shawn questioned with attitude. "He fucks up and we're waiting on him? Since the fuck when, Bryce?" Today, they were to be meeting with Christopher King. He was the one responsible for the death of Kingston, but they were keeping that information sealed and making sure that no one knew what was happening between their camp. A war with G would never end up in their favor.

"Man, look, we not about to sit up here and make no scene for this nigga. He gone come in here and everythin' gone look like it's all good," Bryce informed him. He knew that his brothers were angry about the entire thing, but Bryce had everything under control. He'd already put out a word to the streets, and he was covering their empire from all circles.

The boys shook their heads and downed their drinks as Christopher walked into the restaurant, as if he hadn't kept the men waiting. He was on a high now that he'd killed an important figure on the streets. Whether Kingston had deservingly earned his stripes or not, it didn't matter. No one messed with G's children, and that was something that was known. G had the muscle and power to take out the entire city if he chose to. With policemen within his circle, you could be shot in broad daylight by one of them and have it justified.

"What's up?" Christopher greeted before sitting comfortably at the end of the table. He was all smiles whilst the brothers showcased their displeasure. There was nothing funny about the situation that they were in, and Christopher needed to be punished for what he'd done.

"What's up?" Michael asked. He sounded as though Christopher had insulted him with the greeting. "The sky up, nigga. The fuck yo-"

"Stop," Bryce stopped his brother. "Where you been, Chris?"

Christopher cut his eyes at the trigger happy brother before looking to the level headed one. Shawn was always the one that people overlooked. He never really made his presence known. Most people forgot that there was even a third brother. He didn't make any significant moves like his brothers did. Michael was known for several killings while Bryce was known for making big moves. Shawn, on the other hand, moved in silence.

"Handlin' business, man," Chris responded smoothly.

"What kind of business?" Bryce interrogated. "What's more important to you than this meeting? Some bitch?"

Nervously, Christopher laughed. He didn't like being in the hot seat, and the Carter boys were sweating him. He knew showing up late was a bad decision. "I apologize for my lateness."

Michael mean mugged the boy. "Have you been runnin' your mouth about what happened?"

"What? No!"