Kindergarten

It was a few days before Dean's first day of kindergarten, and there was a knock on the door. His mom answered it. 

"Hi, I'm Becky Shurley and this is Castiel, who will be starting kindergarten next week, we just moved in next door. I decided it would be nice to meet some of our neighbors."

"Hi Becky, I'm Mary Winchester. This is my son Dean, he'll be in kindergarten this year too. Why don't you come in and have some lemonade," His mom replied. Dean peeked out from behind Mary's legs to see this small brown-haired blue-eyed child. 

Becky smiled "Thanks. Come on Cas, let's have some lemonade and make some friends." Cas gave a little grin. His blue eyes sparkled.

•••

Dean got to the bus stop fifteen minutes early, and Cas was there not long after. They both had their spider man lunch boxes and backpacks. Dean was excited. Brand new everything, including friends. As the bus pulled up, the boys hugged their moms and Cas got on the bus. Dean turned to Sam, who was on the verge of tears. 

"Don't worry, Sammy." He said. "I'll be back this afternoon. You and Mommy can go do something fun." Sam put on his puppy dog eyes. Dean quickly gave him a hug and ran to the bus. 

Cas was at the very front of the bus. "I saved you a seat." He said softly. 

"Thanks," Dean replied as he sat down next to Cas.