sixteen

I am in no way in a good mood today. Not since Ashton basically blew up at me yesterday. He didn't even pay attention to me this morning and didn't give me a lift to school. I think he's trying his best to stay mad at me. Two can play at that game.

I was forced to figure out New York City public transportation, which was essentially asking me to decode ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics. There were so many letters and numbers for the trains and each lead to a different place. It was all so new to me. Granted, it was only three stops, but it was so wild. There were so many people and one old man kept staring at me. He would not stop and I felt the extreme urge to knock him the fuck out. And even at that, there wasn't enough room.
Throughout the entire day, I've had this crazy pent up aggression. Everything just felt like it was falling apart. I can't even explain everything I want to get out in my own mind. I feel like I'm fucking up my mission and it's only been a short amount of time. I've barely gotten anything on Luke. I've been feeding my dad utter bullshit in our fast paced phone calls. 'Luke is strange. I need more time.'
'Everything's good dad, don't worry.' With every passing day, I feel farther and farther away from my dad. I miss him. A small part of me wants to go home, but I've wanted this forever. There's a lot less action and excitement than I thought there'd be.

But like I said, I was fucking fuming. As soon as I got home, I changed out of my outfit and found myself yoga pants and a matching sports bra in the depths of my closet. I distinctly remember a 24 hour gym being a couple blocks away. I throw on a thick hoodie and start on my way.

I was glad I was doing this. I've neglected my body and my entire training routine ever since I came to New York. Of course I was happy for the extra hours of sleep and relaxation in general, but being so used to a heavy training routine, I really can't be off of it for too long.

It didn't take me long to find myself a gym. I distinctly remember seeing one on my first ride here from the airport. It was just a couple of blocks away, probably a five minute walk. It had ridiculous neon signs decorating the front of the building with motivational quotes on them like 'eat right' and 'get fit' with too much added emphasis.
I decided to run to the gym, just for a light warm up. I got there rather quickly at the cost of me nearly knocking down three grown men and a woman I am almost positive has lost her mind. That wasn't exactly shocking at all to me. Nothing is exactly shocking in this city.

I open the doors, breathing slightly heavily. I walk up to to the counter where a perky red head was situated behind. "Welcome to Fits, what can I do for you?" She had straight, side swept bangs that contrasted heavily with her wild kinks and curls that made up the rest of her hair. Her skin was flawless, dotted with light-brown freckles just around the nose. Her eyes were a deep emerald green. She was beautiful.

"I kind of wanted to work out."

"I haven't seen you before. You new here?" She starts bringing stuff up on a small iPad with a custom Fitz case.

"To the city or to the gym? Because it's both."

"Wild stuff. First timers get a free workout. Our whole gym thing is $10 a month, so it's pretty cheap. You can pay that your next visit, I don't really care." The red head tucks her wilder hair behind her ears. "Weight room's in the back."

"Okay, cool. You have punching bags here, right?"

"We do! Hold up, like you really came here to work out?" She asks, shocked.

"Yeah?" I laugh awkwardly. "What else would I be here for exactly?"

The girl looks from left to right to see if anyone was around us, which they weren't. "Listen, I know a whole bunch of girls who come here just to pick up guys. They wear yoga pants and tight tops and throw themselves over yoga balls with their asses up just for attention. I'm not supposed to talk about the customers, but it pisses me off," she huffs. "I am so glad to meet another girl who actually works out. No offense to those other girls."