Ignorance Is Bliss

My name is Jack frost, the son of Martha and John frost, i was just an 8 year old boy when we moved from the Manhattan to Brooklyn.

The part of town where kids my age sell drugs on the street for the drug boss just for something to eat.

when we ask our parents why they don't do it too, they say it's so that the people in uniform don't catch them.

They made us think of them as the people that will take us away if we get caught.

I always knew i was different, when i look in people's eyes i could almost tell what they were thinking, i could tell if they were lying.

In my home we didn't have television, so i would sneak out to my neigbors window to watch the people in uniform catch guys twice my age because they took money from someone who didn't give it to them.

But i knew though that they were using us, i tried to tell the others but they just shrug me of saying its for their families sake.

Since then i stopped trying, ignorance is bliss after all.

After a few years of being on the street  i finally was put in school by my parents, i made it all the way through to high school finals when i was 18.

I was the best, i always seemed to be able to memorize books down to the numbers, but i kept it a secret, i didn't let anybody know not even my parents.

I knew i was different, i was already learning College work when i was in high school, and when i finished high school, i was learning for masters and PhD.

It all went down one cloudy day, when a man came up to me, i asked if he wanted some joint, he said no that he wanted to give me something incredible, that he would trade me something for it.

I agreed though he looked suspicious, looking shifty always glancing around like someone on the run from something.

I was intrigued, i wanted to see what he could give me and what was making him so shifty and uncomfortable just standing there.

So i directed him into an alley way, as i was going to turn around and ask him where it was, out of nowhere I was grabbed and pushed against the wall.

Something that felt like a needle was inserted into my neck and then blackness overtook my vision.

By the time i came to, i felt groggy i woke up feeling cold metal against my back.

I tried to move but discovered i was tied up firmly against the surface i was laying down on, feeling needles in my skin.

I opened my eyes a bright light blinded me for a second, i had to close it, after a moment i opened it gently.

I blinked when i saw the light again, it looked like the the type you would see in a surgery room.

I looked around i saw I was in a white room with transparent glass and a few people behind it, looking at me, observing as if something was about to happen.

Then i saw one of them flipping a switch, and felt pain worst than anything I've ever felt in my life, it felt as if i being stabbed by hot iron over and over again.

Then i went blank i couldn't think and i couldn't move, all i felt was pain, mind-numbing pain wreaking havoc in my body.

It felt like worms moving around digging and ants biting me over and over again like a circle never ending.

Excruciating, and all I could think of was i hope I could survive and break out of wherever i am.