"She said it would make you happy" Part 3

She stood by his bedroom door and took a deep breath before knocking softly.

"Uh.. go inside" she heard him say.

"Captain," she said as she slowly stepped inside his room "are you okay?"

He was laying in his bed, back facing her again.

He was not happy

The words echoed in her mind. He felt distant and quiet and disappointed.

Her eyes began to water as tears overflow. She began to sob uncontrollably.

"Cress! No. No. No." He finally looked at her. He immediately rushed to her side and hugged her. "Don't. Please don't cry. Shh.."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I thought" she hiccuped.

"You would"

Hic

"like it"

Hic hic

He cradled her and whispered soothing words to her. "I do, Cress."

"She said"  hiccup

"It would"

Hic

"I'm sor-"  hic   "ry"

He rocked her back and forth and placed his head on the crook of her neck. "I do like it, Cress."

"What?" Her brows furrowed with confusion.

"I like it too much."

She felt his embrace tightened as he pushed himself a little farther and he spoke with seriousness. "Not yet. I can't.. do that yet"

"Do what?" She stared at him.

Exasperated. He placed his palms to cover  his eyes and whispered, "I can't," he gulped   "make love to you yet"

Oh. Cress' heart leaped from his words.

His voice turned gentle but his palms stayed at his eyes "I promised your father i'd take care of you. That means everything about you. So.. I won't do anything"

She hugged him tightly and smiled. He relaxed and put his arms around her.

"That was really something.." he said through a wide smile "that was a red alert right there"

She giggled.

"Happy Birthday to me!" Thorne shouted.

-------

"Hey! So.. how was your birthday? Did you like Cress' gift?" Kai asked.

Thorne flinched. And ran away from Kai leaving him wide eyed.