7

Unknown's POV

I bolted towards the rusted truck at full speed. I could smell the scent of a she-wolf coming from the back of the vehicle.

Two of my wolves were close enough to the vehicle and began attacking the car, trying to get at the men inside. The truck was swerving on the dirt road, and eventually, they crashed into a tree. The front windshield shattered, and glass shards went flying everywhere.

The two wolves inside piled out quickly and darted toward the woods.

The wolves that had been chasing them had already captured two of the hunters that were in the car.

Without a second thought, I let out a loud growl, "get them!" I demanded. "Bring them to me alive. They will pay for what they did!" Two more of the Lycan warriors who stood guard behind me, without another word, sped past me on the trail of the hunters chasing after them into the woods.

My focus returned, back to the she-wolf that was in the back of the cargo bed.

My large paw ripped away the heavy cloth that covered the she-wolf. My eyes met the womens bruised and bloody figure, and instantly I had flashbacks.

I knew she was another one of his victims.

She was emaciated and battered. Her body was black and blue. The poor woman trembled with fear, her spindly arms violently shaking as she cradled herself.

Her blonde hair fell to her shoulders unevenly and extremely mattered with small twigs and leaves knitted into the thick knots of hair.

Small blood-stained hairless spots covered her scalp.

Her skin was pale from the lack of sunlight. I stepped towards her, and her eyes fell upon my lycan figure.

I could hear her heartbeat banging in my eardrums from where I stood a few feet away from her.

I took a step towards her, making her eyes open slightly. I could see thick tears poor from her blue eyes. She scrunched her face and squeezed her eyes shut so hard I could see the crinkles on her cheeks.

I took another step toward the women. I could now see much more of her.

Her swollen cheek was so bruised it was nearly black with splatters of blood.

Her lips were so dry they were cracked and split.

I could also see the fresh burn marks, blood, and blisters around her neck and ankles. The rest of her body was nothing different. She was dirty, covered in mud and dirt. Through her tattered shirt, I could also see so many cuts and scrapes all over her body and dark purple bruises.

She was in severely awful condition. It broke my heart. I couldn't even imagine what this poor young woman had endured.

"Please, don't kill me." A horse-struggled yell came from the poor woman. I took a couple of steps forward, slowly toward the rusted truck. Her head turned to look at me. She could barely keep her eyes open.

I could hear her heart thumping so violently that I quickly thought of my only resolution and began to shift back into my human form. I didn't want to scare her any further.

"I'm not going to hurt you. Don't worry." I tried to comfort her. I was now standing in front of her in my human form.

"Beta, should we send a message to the Alpha?" The voice of another warrior came from behind me. My eyes never left her trembling figure.