Chapter 30

I stay sitting there for a minute but when Luke doesn't respond I get up from my seat and head back to his room. I open my suitcase and grab some clothes for the day before getting in the shower.

I spend a long time in there today just trying to clear my head. When I get out, someone knocks on the door.

"We're going to the beach today. Dress accordingly." I hear his foot steps walk away and I wrap myself in a towel before walking across the hall to get my bathing suit and different clothes.

I put on the bikini and study myself in the mirror. One voice in my head is still saying I'm too fat, that I can still lose weight. That one has been there for weeks. But now there's a new one. One saying I'm done with not eating. That I don't look healthy. I notice the distinct curve of my ribs and my hips poking out just above the top of my bikini bottoms. There's a big gap between the string of my top and the skin below my collar bone, showing how much it's sticking out. The bathing suit itself looks bigger on my body. I had to tighten all the knots more than usual for it to stay up.

I sigh before putting on a pair of jean shorts and a loose tank top before putting my hair into a French braid and walking back to Luke's room.

I search through my suitcase for the beach bag I had brought before filling it with all my necessities. An extra pair of clothes, sunscreen, two pairs of sunglasses (I lose them a lot), a towel, and some mascara and concealer. I walk out to the kitchen and throw a few water bottles in the bag as well before meeting Luke in the living room.

"Who's coming?" Luke stands up and grabs his keys since he's already dressed and ready before leading us both out to the car.

"Just us and Ashton. He said Bryana might be coming." I can pretty much feel my face go pale.

"Bryana as in the prettiest most perfect person I've ever seen?" Luke laughs at my description and gets in the car, not answering.

"You've seen her before Luke. I'll look like a potato standing next to her."

"You don't look like a potato."

"Standing next to her I will."

"She has things about her that make her attractive, but you do too. You may like the way she looks, but I'll always love the way you look." I notice his sharp intake of breath at the end and the way his eyes go wide for a second before nervously glancing at me.

"What?" It comes out a lot quieter than I would've expected, like a shy little girl talking to an adult while hiding behind her mom's legs (in other words, me).

Luke sighs before a look of relaxation comes onto his face, coming into terms with what he said I'm guessing. "You've always been gorgeous, Ivory. Everyone sees it. Everyone but you."

I stubbornly cross my arms and look out the window. I'm not mad at him. How could I be? It just caught me by surprise. Just two weeks ago, we hated each other. Okay maybe not at first but we weren't exactly the best of friends.

My thoughts wander off before landing on one specific thing.

"Shit!" I yell, making Luke jump and hit the brakes harder than I'm guessing he meant to.

"What the hell?" He looks over at me with wide eyes and puts his hand over his heart.

"What day is it today?"

"Monday. Why?"

"I didn't post a video this week! I don't even have one ready." I hit my forehead with my hand before rambling on. "Maybe I can just vlog for a few days. I might've thrown my camera in here." I begin pulling things out of my bag in search of the small blogging camera. "I know it's in here."