Prolouge

Storm Shadow ran into camp when she heard the screeches of angry cats. She just went out to talk to Fire Ripple about the prey problem, how could a battle start?! Was RiverClan raiding?! Storm Shadow burst through the entrance to see rogues attacking her cats. Bodies lay on the ground, all dead. Horror struck through Storm Shadow. She could make out the ginger pelt of her mate, Thrush Flame, pushing a light ginger tabby tom off of Leaf Heart. A small brown tabby tom, probably a little younger then Storm Shadow's kits, tried to rush passed her, but she blocked the small cats path. "Where are you going?!" Storm Shadow growled. Surely he was older then he looked. The tabby looked up at Storm Shadow. "Please, i dont wanna die like them!" The kit said and passed Storm Shadow, but she couldnt care less. She ran to where Cinder Frost was guarding 4 bundles of fur, her kits. Two cats lunged towards the silver tabby. Storm Shadow leaped onto one of the cats, an ugly dark grey tom. "Why are you here?!" Storm Shadow growled. The tom just grinned. "Most of your cats are dead. You'll be weak. Weakening one clan will power us, as you call the outsiders. Kill me, you'll just be even less-" Storm Shadow cut him off by slashing the toms throat. Blood covered her white paw. She stepped off the dead cat to see Cinder Frost pinned. "I won't let any more of you die." Storm Shadow vowed quietly. She had seen her brother, Gray Cloud, die while she was killing the tom. Storm Shadow lunged onto the white and gray tom pinning Cinder Frost, hearing the crunch of his neck snapping when she bit down. The sour tang of blood washed over her. Storm Shadow felt the pang of grief in her heart as she saw Gray Cloud laying on the ground, eyes glazed over, motionless. Anger fueled Storm Shadow as all cats turned to the clearing. Amber Spots gaze was on a large tom. "Pounce, leave here now. We killed all of your cats. I will show no mercy in fighting you." Storm Shadow immediately recognized the ginger tom. It was Amber Spots brother, Pounce, who left to the rogues again. "You fool! This isnt all of my cats. Kill me. You wouldnt kill your own kin, would you?" Pounce grinned, claws unsheathed. Dont do it Amber Spots! Storm Shadow couldnt let her die, her best friend, a slow painful death. Lunging from the crowd, Storm Shadow pinned Pounce down. Digging her claws into his shoulder and bit down on his neck, leaving a deep gash. Pounce gasped for air as Storm Shadow leaped off him. Thrush Flame! Storm Shadow sprinted into their den to see him laying there with a tiny bundle of fur at his stomach, both battered. The ginger tom was sobbing. "Thush Flame!" Storm Shadow shrieked. "Wake up! Please!" Worry flashed over her. I lost my brother already, isnt that bad enough StarClan?! His eyes started to flutter open. "I-I failed..." Thrush Flame nudged their kit towards Storm Shadow. She instantly noticed her bundle of joy, was motionless. A gash at her kit, Violet Skys, throat. "No!" Storm Shadow shrieked. "Y-You did everything you could..."Storm Shadow whispered, tears falling onto the hard earth beneath her. The world seemed to spin. "I love you..." Thrush Flame whispered. "Thrush Flame!" Storm Shadow screamed. "Don't go! Please."