Prologue

Background information:

Noah Galen- Age 17. Angel. A brown-haired, blue-eyed boy with a slim, girl like figure. Stands at 5 foot 7 inches. Poor. Had a comforting family.

Name means peace, comfort.

Alric Rivers- Age 24. Vampire. A black-haired, red-eyed king with your typical player figure and features. Stands at 6 foot flat. Stoic, cold, and always gets what he wants. Rich. Only child.

Name means ruler of all.

Ajax- Age unknown. Griffon. A large brown griffon. Alric's personal griffon. Keen senses.

Name means Powerful eagle.

--------

Noah's P.O.V.-

My ragged pale tunic sticks to me because of the dirt and grime I have collected from a non-stop flight for the past couple of days. They are not too far behind, and I am being hunted for I am one of the last of my kind. Angels. "The beauty of the skies."

But we were too gullible. To open to the world and not open enough to the terrors which are starting to take over the world, so one by one, we were taken. Chained to the earth, so we could not escape. Some of my brethren were sold on the black market for our wings. others for our good looks and slim figures.

I was one of the few lucky enough to escape, but for now, I must fly away for my captors are not far behind.

Hunters. Made of the humans of the world who fear the mythical and are only for their own selfish desires. Our world is full of mythical creatures hunters want to extort. Humans have been happy alongside us, but some are starting to stir. Some humans believe they should be the ones in control. I hear it. Before, just a whisper, but now, the whispers come together and grow louder. Just another myth, but the mythical were believed to be 'just myths,' and we are very real.

Even though I am exhausted and beat, I have no choice but to push forward with all my strength, but the hunters fall close behind. Angels have a low stamina for we have never been pushed to extreme extents. They carry weapons such as blades with handles on them. They also carry sticks with metal triangles at the end in which they propel them at their target. Forgive my lack of knowledge on weapons. Angels have no use for the things because we choose to help and not hinder others.

Pain flies through my left wing, and I see a metal ended stick lodged right through it. My flying falters for a right wing is not useful without its left. I start to fall rapidly towards the ground, my mind slipping in and out of consciousness.

I fall into something soft and warm arms wrap around my small frame as I snuggle up closer towards the warmth. My wings wrap around my body, and I grab the cloth pressed up against me. The aroma of pine fills my senses, and my legs brush up against what feels like a field of soft feathers.

A mighty roar erupts throughout the skies and a baritone voice lulls me into a heavy sleep.

"My, My. An angel seems to have fallen into my arms."

----

(A/N)- Hello! Welcome to the world of the mythical where angels take flight, and the world of supernatural reigns! I'm not that good of a writer, so how did you like the first chapter?

Vote and comment your thoughts!