Chapter 1 - Mission Accepted

15:05

LOCATION: MI5 HQ

W had called me to his office, wasn’t like him to call on such short notice. He was a man of organisation and clarity - well - he was.

I walked through the offices; everyone was getting on with their work. As soon as I reached W’s office door I halted, raising my fist and gently knocking twice.

“Come on in,” I heard a tired voice call from the other side. I twisted the door knob and walked into the large office, shutting the door behind me.

“W, you look like a walking corpse,” I teased, sitting on one of the leather chairs opposite him. But in all seriousness, he did look bad.

“Tell me something I don’t know,” W said with a groan, looking up from his desk as he rubbed his temples. Papers were scattered everywhere, he has bags under his eyes and his hair was a mess.

"The bags under your eyes are quite a delectable shade of purple. What brand is that?" I asked with a playful smirk, replying to his rhetorical question. I leant in closer, placing my elbows on the edge of his desk.

“Insomnia,” W replied with a deep chuckle.

“Hmm, got to try that sometime,” I said with a tilt of my head, my eyes not leaving the middle aged man as I further studied his features.

“I’ve been awake for 30 hours. I can’t sleep, literally. We have had a tip for an anonymous trace, they claim they have found a member of the Star Allegiance,” W said, returning to his scattered notes. His brown eyes scanned the papers for a few moments before plucking out a sheet full of information.

“Are you familiar with Harry Styles?” W asked, prying forward his elbows so he can get closer to me. I had a curious look plastered on my face, why would a boy band member have anything to do with the criminal organisation ‘The Star Allegiance’.

“I wouldn’t say that I am. But I have heard of him, he is the one from that boy band One Direction?” I said with a furrow of my brows.

“Yeah, and also one of the Mi5’s most wanted. We have been trying to catch them for the past 20 years,” W added, handing me the sheet of paper. I took it from him. My eyes widened slightly as I read how he was involved in serious organized attacks such as robberies, assassinations and mass terrorist attacks.

“Why a boy band member?” I asked, placing the sheet of paper on the desk.

“That would be the last person you would expect, right?” W said with nod, knowing it was true.

“So what do you need me to do, kill him?” I asked W, fixing my gaze on his brown eyes.

“First, I need you to get as close as possible to him, try and find out everything you can about The Star Alligance and who else is involved with it. Look for clues, try and ask him questions about it. Once you find out everything you need to know then you kill him,” W instructed.

“How though? Don’t like 20 million other girls want to get close with him as well?” I said, raising a valid point.

“That’s where I call on your expertise, Arianna.” W simply replied. He pushed his chair back a bit and rummaged through one of his desk draws. He pulled out a badge and handed it to me. I took it from him and read what it said on it; ‘Backstage VIP pass for One Direction’.

“I need you to brush up on your One Direction knowledge. The show is in 5 days.” W concluded with a nod.

“This will be fun,” I said with a devilish grin.