spin the bottle - a danisnotonfire fanfiction

it was the party you had been dreading. you're already awkward at parties to start with, but him being there was going to make things so much worse. 

'i can't go!' you repeat, over and over to yourself. 'everyone will look nicer than me, he's bound to go for someone else!'

you roll off of your bed and check your phone - 7pm - the party starts in an hour. your clothes are layed out on your bed, ready to go. your hair has been straightened, face caked in makeup, body ridden of it's hair. you know you look like you're trying too hard but you don't care, i mean after all, dan's going to be there.

-

you take your phone out of your bra clumsily and check it - 11.30pm - you've had a few too many drinks  and you know it, so you stumble into the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

'hey' awkwardly calls a small voice from the corner of the kitchen. dan is standing there, leaning on the counter with a cup of what appears to be water inside, although it could be vodka. his tight black skinny jeans cling onto his thighs and his shirt shows a little too much of his chest off. not that you're complaining of course. 'trying to sober up to eh?' he smiles, winking at you. you know the drink has gone to dan's head, if this was a normal situation, neither of you would be talking to each other. you were both far too quiet for that. your cheeks were burning, you liked him so much, this was the perfect opportunity to start the ball rolling.

'of course!' you giggle sweetly, attempting to look cute by twirling a lock of your hair inbetween your finger tips. quickly realising that you just look ridiculous and dropping your arm back to your side. 'so anyway' you realise this may be your only chance to properly talk to him, the whole party he's been with this girl whom you do not recognize. 'did you wanna grab a drink with m-'

'hey dan! get over here gorgeous' a tall, slim, beautiful looking girl grabs dan's wrist and pulls him into the living room. 'they're playing spin the bottle c'mon!' she whispers, close to dan's ear, obviously trying to seduce him. your eyes narrow as you watch her pulling him away from you. 'i'll catch you later!' dan calls, with a look of despair on his slightly tanned face. your teeth grind together as you watch the girl's dress fly around the door.

you sigh and pick up your phone. it'll be midnight soon. you're supposed to be sleeping over the hosts house but you don't really feel like it anymore. your fingers shakily dial a taxi service to ask to pick you up and take you home.

'hello?'

'hi, i was wondering if i could get a taxi to pick me up fro-'

'hey (y/n), they're playing spin the bottle in the other room, you should come and join in, ya know, if you want'

'hello? miss? where would you like the taxi to collect you from?'

'i, nevermind, i'm sorry' you cancel the call and hold your gaze with dan's big, brown eyes. 'yeah, sure!' you answer dan's request, 'i'll be there in a second!'. dan walks off as you feel the effects of the alcohol you have consumed start to wear off. you pick up a bottle of vodka that has been badly hidden underneath a tea towel, and down it straight. 'i should not have done that, jesus christ i should not have done that' 

'no, you shouldn't of' a voice laughs from the other room, you rapidly flick your head around to see dan watching you from the doorway. 'save some for me at least!' he half jogs half walks in and grabs the bottle from you, stroking your hand gently as he takes it away. your limbs go stiff as his soft skin grazes yours. was he watching you that whole time? no. he can't of been. he's probably just waiting for you. he doesn't like you, remember? he likes that other, prettier girl you reassure yourself, but not fully believing what you're saying.