Once.

"We were all so lost with no one out there to save us. It was our time to die now."

     "Ohm this is different" mumbled Sam when he look at me. Well a matter of fact I did look different, beyond different. New black hair that goes to my hips, when my old hair being blonde and relatively short. New sets of clothes that made me look like a badass not to mess with. It was the new me.

    "Do you think anyone will notice?" I stated feeling slightly self conscious.

    "Of course you dork, everyone will notice. You look like you could be a completely different person! Why all of the sudden did you change your look doll face?"  I loved the way my best friend called me dollface. I don't know why it just made me feel somewhat special.

    "I changed my look so no one will think of me as airhead Lola, that loves to party and get fucked up. I want to be known for who I really am Sammy boy. I want to be known for my real name, Lila."

     "My, my what's up with the sudden realization that you were known as a whore and that's why everyone loved you?"  He calmly joked with me.

      "Ever since Todd dumped me last summer!" I exclaimed with a smile to acknowledge the joke.

     "Damn, well I sure like this new Lila. She is much more sweet and smart, and beyond way more attractive." He said eagerly with a wink.

       Don't get me wrong, Sam Youngs is  a very attractive man! To his shady black hair that covered his eyes slightly, to his scumcious abs, that would make any girl go choo choo cachoo for him. He is just a friend nothing more. I didn't like his outer exterior so much but whenever he smiled he could bring out the fan girl in me. He was the sweetheart that knew me better then I knew myself. I couldn't loose this kid.

      "You want to know something?" I asked as we took our seats in the crowded lunchroom of Dountly high. Our table was the one no one sat at. It amused us to be labeled as outcasts.

    "Sure dollface, what is it?" He asked with his mouth full of cheap artificial Jell-o.

     "You are a great guy, and I love you." I looked at him with my best smile and showing of my piercing green eyes.

      "Of course you do who doesn't?" He joked and that's how I know he loved me also.

       Out the blue I yelled "Starring contest" and his blue eyes matching up with my green, it felt so happy to be his friend. That's before Chelsi came by and ruined my happiness with the kissing of my best friend...

        "Hi Chelsi" I said in the rudest tone I could. Then she sat down.

       "Hi Lola. How's it going?" She stated almost annoyingly sweet!

      "My name is Lila, okay? Lila. Anyways I am doing just dandy. What about you doofus?"

      She laughed so innocently and then said "I am just swell, thanks for asking." She said while her hazel eyes stared me down.

      I hated Chelsi ever since grade six. She was a good friend once but that before she had her first boyfriend. At age 13 Chelsi ditch me to hang out with some chokeheads and acoholics, also known as then popular bunch. (They really don't do drugs Lila just hates all of them). And that's when Chelsi turned into a bitch! I just could not like her anymore. She let society standards take control of her as do a lot of people. I once thought Chelsi was pretty, her big brown eyes never outlined with animal tested makeup, her short caramel brown hair never dyed, and a slim figure that made he seem like a good soul. But then her 7th grade boyfriend made her start wearing skimpy clothing and makeup. Now she just seems like a fake... I wish I could've saved her. She's stills shows some of the same qualities when we were friends. So I know she is still there.

    "Babycakes uhmm, can you go get me a low fat apple juice?" Chelsi stated while looking suductively at Sam.

      "Sure thing Hun!" Sam said as he jumped up from his seat.

       "Look bitch, I know what your doing and I don't like it! He is mine, back the fuck up! I love him and always will okay? Stop flirting with him, he doesn't even like you. He pity's you. Just stay away Lola!" Chelsi whispered with a growl in her voice.

       All I did was sit there and laugh uncontrollably. "Holy fuck Chelsi, calm down babe I don't think of him like that. He is just a friend, he is all yours!" I say inbetween my shuddering laughter. God I love how she over reacts it is so damn funny.

       Chelsi just states at me while I lay on my bench just starring at the sky. "Good!" She tries to say sassily, but she fails. Sam finally gets back and does all this couple shit with Chelsi while I just stare at the sky.

       5 minutes later lunch is over and we are walking to class, well more like I am walking Sam to his class. This hour is my free peirod. As I drop him off I can't help but notice everyone is looking at me, and everyone is liking this new me...from what I can see.

       Everything is going great then I see Todd. He is coming closer and closer, I try to hide behind Sam. But before I could Todd grabbed my arm and slammed me against a locker and roughly started kissing me. Then I saw his blue eyes and shot him a look which I knew would make him stop.

      "Hey beautiful." He says when he comes up. The way his smile was, was about to make me faint.

    He was the worst boyfriend. He hit me. I would go to Sam crying all the time because of my abusive ex. He once hit me so hard that me tooth fell out. He was strong and cute, with his black hair and easy features to his nice smile and big strong arms. He was the most terrifying man alive, and I hated him!

        "Get the fuck away from me. Please never talk or touch me again!" I scream running away, I can hear Sam running after me yelling asshole to Todd.

*********AUTHORS NOTE*********

Okay so this is my first part of my first book so please help me out leaving comments if I am doing an alright job.