Am i a bad person?

"O.k those to letters are the ticket to every broken soul on this crazy world."

I am in my car panting like a dog in the mid summer heat, I really should run more. I flip my mirror down and realize my lip is bleeding of course that fucker bit me. I jump out of my train o thought when my passenger door opens. Sam. He is here to console me while his class starts in 30 seconds.  I look at him with my eyes showing annoyance. "What gives him the right, no the ability to ruin my day by just existing?" I say while the image of Todd's baby blues syncs into my head. Sam looks at me as if he found me on the side of the street, so much worry. "Doll face. You can not let that monster dictate what you feel anymore. He may have just sexually assaulted you but you are more powerful than he will ever be. I love you and go grab some coffee, I'll see you after class." He says as he hugs me a slides out of my car just as fast as he got in.

Alone. I'm alone again. "Listen to Sam, Lila. You're powerful, you need coffee." I put my car in reverse breathing and talking to myself about what happened. 

I pull up to the coffee brothers café and I'm greeted with the fresh smell of the medium roast coffee, syrups, and espresso. I walk in with the pleasant bell chime, and a smile from owner,Aaron. Aaron has newly become my adopted father presence during summer vacation, I was here everyday at this exact time and he would be more than willing to give me advice about whatever while we bonded over coffee. He is such a nice shop owner.

"The usual, or do you want a surprise today Lola?" He yells from behind the counter. His tone sounding like he would make a really good Santa impersonator.

"Well being as how I look different let's do a surprise with a red velvet croissant?" I say as I go over to my regular table and grab out my calculus book and study for my next period.

"Aren't you suppose to be in school sunshine?" Aaron state's matter of factly as he place my order on the table. "Yeah I suppose I'm such a deviant that I skipped on the first day." I say sarcastically because we both know I would never do that. "You seem ticked Lola, is everything okay? If not, just let me know if I need to fight someone." He says while playfully resting his hands on his bicep. "I'm fine really I just saw Todd and I thought I would drink my sorrows away with caffeine and calculus." I causally stated with a shy smile. "Mark, you are on counter I'm taking my fifteen." He shouts at his brother and pulling up a chair next to me. "Sunshine, what's with this new look by the way, I almost couldn't tell who you were, luckily I saw you Lily tattoo or I would of just thought you were some customer." "I'm Lila, the inside of what Lola was hiding." "Ahhh I see, well it suits you." He finish this part of the conversation with a smile.

We causally exchange small talk and inside jokes as I enjoy my cappuccino with chai syrup and caramel drizzle. After he goes back to work I pack up and way goodbye from my safe haven. I drive my way back to school to, attend my last class, meet all my classmates. Class goes like a breeze. 15 minutes tell the bell is about to chime loudly. I see some guy walk in to the class and take the last seat in the back. I turn my head to acknowledge him and I see him take pictures of the board and scribble in his notes. And then he looks up.