The Hill

Long ago when I lived in the country side there was a hill behind my house in perfect view of our kitchen window. I would bike past it everyday as if it didn't matter, it was just a picture in the background, I never thought it would have such an impact on my life those up coming years. I sat in the kitchen of our small cottage house eating breakfast, it was still dark out, I got up too early. I groaned, when I saw a speak of white slide down the hill in our kitchen window. I stared at the hill and decided to ride my bike there in the afternoon. As I rode I saw the speak white still on the side of the hill, it was a little girl. I just couldn't seem to take my eyes off of her. She was just so small, she wore a white dress which was what I'd was. Then I realized that something was wrong. There was red on her on her chest like a bullet wound, I saw that her hand was clenched I looked at what she was holding, it looked like a newspaper, I took it out of her hand and saw the date 1973, but that's not possible it was only 1967, I read the heading "Girl found shot." I kept reading "A girl was found in the basement of a small cottage just down from the hill, she was wearing a white dress, and the bo...." the rest was covered in blood. That's when I realized that the blood on the paper looked like letters and so I read it "Why did you have to hide me?"