Chapter 2

Our hearts are meant to be broken
So that the right person could come and fix them.

========
~Coinneach's pov~

It hurt me so much to see such an innocent person dying inside. He can smile all he wants, but I can see it. Pain. It takes over his light brown eyes.

I wanted to hug him. Show him he's not alone. Let him know someone cares.

That girl that spoke up in class today is a bitch. She just can't say something about a person without knowing them. It's not right.

"Fuck." I cursed quietly when I dropped a book on my foot.

"Coinneach? Are you okay?" My dad poked his head in my room.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just dropped a book." I smiled reassuringly at him. He gave me a sad smile.

"Did you have a good first day?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. I made a friend today." His sad smile turned into a happy one.

"That's good." He sat down on my still-need-to-be-made bed. He hung his head and let out a sigh.

"Dad." He looked up at me. "I know what's going on up there. I'll be fine. I don't want you to worry about anything." I sat down next to him on the bed.

Back in Ireland I was bullied for my sexuality. I'm demi-sexual.

"I just don't want to see you hurt anymore Coinneach." He pulled me into a hug.

Its been me and my dad since I was three. My mom died from cancer. I may have not known her for long, but my dad said I loved her a lot. I was always stuck to her.

"I love you dad." He squeezed me tighter.

"I love you, too." He pulled back with tears in his eyes. "I wish your mom could see how much you've grown and how much stronger you are." I reached out and wiped a tear away.

"She knows dad. She's always looking over us." He gave me a smile and he stood up and left.

I stood back up and continued to put away the rest of my things. My mind wondered back to the innocent hurting boy in my biology class.

Arlo Washington.

It's obviously something to do with the fact that he's gay. Because of that girls comment I knew instantly.

I don't see how people could hate him. He's adorable. His black hair an unruly mess that made him look innocent. His lightly tanned skin looks so smooth. His features are breath taking.

"Shit." I mumbled. I was supposed to text him.

I grabbed my phone out and looked at the time. Nine o'clock. I don't know if he'll be awake but it won't hurt to try.

Me: I don't know if you're awake or not but sorry I didn't message earlier. I was getting settled still. Good night Arlo. :)

I sent the message and went downstairs to see my dad passed out on the couch with the T.V. quietly playing.

I walked over and turned the T.V. off and grabbed the blanket that was strapped over the back of the couch to cover him up.

"Good night, dad." I lightly patted his shoulder and walked into the kitchen to make a quick late dinner.

I made a quick turkey sandwich with a few chips on the side. I placed the contents on a plate and took them upstairs to my room.

I placed the plate on my desk and continued to unpack and taking bites of my food while I did it.

"I-I-I-I-I-I I've got a migraine, and my pain ranges from up, down, and sideways." I mumbled along to the quietly playing music. "Thank god it's Friday."

"Son I'm pretty sure it's Tuesday, almost Wednesday. Why don't you go to sleep?" I jumped and spun around to see my dad in my doorway.

"Sorry if I woke you up and I'll go to bed in a second. I'm going to finish eating real fast." He nodded at me.

"You didn't wake me. I woke up to go to my room. Good night Coinneach." He smiled at me.

"Good night dad." I returned the smile and he walked out. I grabbed the remains of my food and scarfed them down before quietly making my way downstairs.

I placed my dirty dishes in the sink and went back up stairs to my room. I stretched and yawned.

"Man I'm tired." I mumbled before pulled my shirt over my head and unbuckled my pants before laying down.

I layed down and thought about the brown eyed beauty named Arlo. I feel bad for him. He looks as if he hasn't been happy in forever. I'll make sure I can make him smile one day. It might take awhile, but it's my mission now.

My eyes were starting to become heavy. I was dozing off when my phone buzzed. The screen flashed as I picked it up. I squinted at the screen, trying to read it, then smiled at the screen.

Arlo: I fell asleep. I hope your settled. Good night Coinneach.

I set my phone down after reading it and plugged it into the charger. I made myself comfortable once more as my eyelids grew heavy again.

"I'll help you Arlo." I said before I drifted off to a deep sleep.

--------------
Alright that was the second chapter. I hope you liked it. But, uh, yeah and enjoy.

~Nathan v['-']v