2. Two Years Back

Hi, guys! As I promised there would be an update that answers questions that came up form the first chapter. I originally planned to upload it tomorrow but since the response was overwhelming, here I am, updating at God knows what time.

WARNINGS: Language and SPG Scene.

NOTE: This chapter is a flashback chapter, it starts as a flashback and ends in present time. This chapter will let you in Maine's life. Hopefully, you'll be able to understand her more.

Yell at me, tell me your thoughts maidenscenarios

ENJOY!

//////////////////////////////////////

[Bolton Landing, New York, 2018]

I arrived on a chilly Sunday morning in New York. My comfort place before I became the Philippines' Dubsmash queen. I put on gloves to keep my hands warm as I wait for the airport pick-up service my friends here in New York have arranged for me, dahil wala akong makausap, bumalik yung pag iisip ko sa nakaraang dalawang taon ko pagkatapos ng AlDub.

My family finally decided to let me go, after two years of suffering in the Philippines. Pagkatapos akong hiwalayan ni Alden, right after Aldub's sixth monthsary, I lost it. Yung frame of mind ko, nawala sa ayos. Nagulo ang buhay ko. Day in, day out wala akong ginawa kung hindi uminom at manigarilyo. Funny, right? Alden hurt me so much that I was able to stand a scent I despised the most. The smell of cigarettes.

I left Eat Bulaga immediately after Alden broke the news to me. I went home to Bulacan and took my things without a single word to anyone. Buti nalang may nabili na akong condo sa Makati. I vividly remember how I confidently bought six bottles of vodka, a six pack of beer and a box of cigarettes. My pride was suffering and it urged me to become a different person. I had to become different, para maipa-mukha ko kay Alden na hindi tinatapaktapakan ang isang Nicomaine Mendoza. Pero hindi padin mawawala yung fact that I was madly in love with him. Naging confident ako sa pinapakita ni Alden, he was sweet and he was a gentleman. Naging kampante ako, only to find out that behind his innocent smile, deep dimple and clean image, was a man who had a very toxic vice. Alden is addicted to sex. No wonder why, he was able to live with the fact that we weren't able to make-love often.

[Early 2016]

My childhood friend, Valeen, owns a business in the complicated celebrity world. Her business operates at the most suspicious hours of the day, from 11 pm to 6 am. Valeen recruites women who are willing to give their service to male celebrities. When I first found out, I was disgusted. Does this kind of shit really happen in the world that I'm in? It's a difficult thing to decipher. Valeen mentioned that her staff, who actually run the business told her that majority of male celebrities avail of this so called service.

"Jusko, I can't imagine Alden actually going there for pleasure."

"Naku, Meng, I agree. It's so not Alden. Besides, he has you, I'm sure you guys still have time for physical stuff. There's no reason why he would need to go. By the way, Meng are you free tonight? Pupuntahan ko kasi yung business eh, just to see who goes. Alam mo na, tsismosa ako."

"Yep! I'm free, Alden said na he'll be in Batangas eh. May commitment daw sya dun."

When Valeen and I arrived at a really dim lit underground hotel, for some reason, my stomach felt like it was turning upside down. It was so dark and I could hear nothing but moans and grunts, though, the staff didn't seem to mind – which was weird. Maybe they're used to it? I excused myself to Valeen as I needed to go to the bathroom. I let out a curse as I forgot to wear my glasses, ang dilim pa naman. I was so confused. There are so many doors but all of them are black, so, I just went down the stairs and followed the sign to the toilet.