Chapter 1

Her room door creaked open. She ignored it, continuing her wonderful slumber. This was probably the best sleep she had had this week. Turning to her side, she snuggled up more into the covers. Suddenly a loud, screeching noise was in her ear, causing her to hurriedly sit up. She rubbed at her eyes and her vision cleared.

"Goooood mornin!" Khalif shouted in her face with a whistle around his neck that he blew into her ear. She opened her eyes, feeling her blood boil. This was the third time this week that he had woke her up like this.

"Khalif-" she breathed heavily. "I'm going to kill you!" She shouted at the top of her lungs. Her blinds were ripped open by the bastard and the rising sun poured into her room.

"That's nice and all baby, but you might wanna get up. It's-" he looked at the watch on his wrist. "6:50 and Meechie is in the bathroom using your loofah thing to wash up." She gasped, hurriedly getting out of bed and ignoring the cold air that embraced her.

"Chop chop nessa!" He smacked her butt and before she could strangle him he left out the room. She didn't have time to beat him to the ground, it was Khalif's turn to carpool them all to school and he doesn't wait on anyone.

She grabbed her towel and walked into the hallway, seeing Jimmy slugging out of his room. Khalif must've just woken him up like he did to her. Everyone in the house hated when Khalif carpooled. He wakes them up rudely and they all rush to get ready, not wanting to get left.

She raced past him, banging on the door.

"Get out you ugly fuck! It's my turn to shower!" She yelled through the door before banging again. The door swung open and fog emitted from the bathroom. Meechie came out the door way, smirk on his face and her loofah in his hand.

He threw it up in the air and she barely caught it.

"All yours."

She rolled her eyes and slammed the door to the bathroom, not having time to argue with nobody. Meechie proceeds to walk to his room but is interrupted by Omunique pushing past him and walking into his room.

"Well damn. Two words that you could've used, excuse and me." He said. She walked over to his dresser, yanking her comb from off of it.

"What the fuck did I tell you about going in my room and using my shit!" She yelled at him, making him flinch and he put his hands up in surrender.

"Damn baby you ain't gotta yell, sorry." Omunique was always angry in the morning, and no one better not cross or even look at her the wrong way.

She rolled her eyes and her nostrils flared. "Just get out of my way!" She pushed past him once again and he caught a scent of her strawberry shampoo. She was like a fire and no one could ever put her out. And he had the hugest crush on her.

Jimmy was still standing in the hallway; rubbing at his eyes, his towel draped across his shoulder. He was the only one in the house that walked around with a wife beater and draws on, probably because mama Brown, their Forster parent, babied him for some reason. He kicked the bathroom door while he was walking down the hallway.

"Hurry the fuck up Nessa!" He yelled with his eyebrows furrowed angrily before marching down the stairs after he got no reply.

"Morning baby." Mama Brown greeted sweetly as she flipped the bacon on the stove. He smiled at her before going to the kitchen sink and turning on the cold water. Whenever you did that, the water upstairs got burning hot.

"Bitchhhh!" He heard Vanessa yell from the bathroom and a smirk tugged at his lips. Mama brown shook her head at him and he shrugged innocently before walking back up the stairs.