She's you

She's you

Arizona was standing at the kitchen table icing a birthday cake for Sofia's twelfth birthday when the doorbell rang.  "Callie! Can you get that?" Arizona shouted to the living room "No! I'll get it! I'll get it!" Sofia shouted running towards the door. "Ally!" Sofia shouted giving her a hug. "Happy Birthday!" Ally exclaimed. "Thanks! Come on I'll introduce you everyone!" Sofia said grabbing her friend by the arm and pulling her further into the house. Callie looked after her daughter smiling at her cheerfulness. She reminded her so much of Arizona. "Aunt Meredith!" Sofia shouted. Meredith turned around from the conversation she was having with Maggie. "Yes Sofia?" She asked. "This is Ally." She told her. "Hi Ally! Nice to meet you." Meredith said to Ally. "When Zola's gonna be here?" Sofia asked. "Oh she's coming with Aunt Amelia she should be here any minute." Meredith told her. Sofia cheered and then walked off with Ally. As they were walking off Sofia said to her "That's my Aunt Meredith. She's Zola, Bailey and Ellis' Mom. She works at the hospital my moms work at. " Sofia told her friend Ally pointing her thumb back at Meredith Grey. "My Aunt Amelia is her sister she's with my Uncle Owen. But my mom always says that their relationship is really confusing." Ally chuckled a little at that as she was always amused by her friend's oversharing. Sofia then went over to Maggie and introduced Ally to her as well. As they were walking away Sofia gave her friend a little cliffnote on Maggie as well. "That's my Aunt Maggie. She's with Andrew. Well, at least for right now. My mom says that their relationship moves up and down like a seesaw and they use a "select phrase" too much." Sofia told them putting air quotes around the words select phrase. "My momma says that that's not really an appropriate metaphor and they won't tell me the select phrase but either way I think it's funny so." Then Sofia took Ally's arm again and dragged her off to meet more people.

Arizona was standing in the corner with a plate of food watching her daughter run all over the house with her friend when Alex walked over. "And there's Sofia being a mini Callie." Alex said laughing and watching Sofia and Ally. "I know right? She just repeats everything Callie and I  say.  She learned that from Callie. We've tried to get her to maybe filter more, but honestly I think it's hilarious. So I usually just let her talk. You should hear her descriptions of her day at school. Most kids just give one syllable when they're asked how their day went but she gives a whole huge speech with literally every single detail of what happened in her day." Arizona told him. "Oh I remember. When I babysat her and Tomas a few weeks ago I asked how their day went and Tomas just said "Good but Sofia gave me every detail of her day. The life of a twelve year old girl is apparently very complex." Alex said laughing. "Yes it certainly is." Arizona popped a cookie in her mouth as Callie walked over. "Hey what's so funny?" Arizona almost spit out her cookie laughing when she saw the look on Alex's face in response to Callie's question. "What?" Callie asked. Before Arizona or Alex could answer Callie's question Sofia ran over pulling Ally behind her. "Mom! Momma!" She yelled. Arizona and Callie turned around. "Yes?" They said in unison. "Can Ally sleep over? Please please please? Her-"  Callie interrupted her to say. "Inside voice Sofia. Inside voice." Sofia rolled her eyes. "Yeah. Yeah okay. Anyway, her dad told her mom that her favorite jeans didn't look good on her and now he's in the doghouse or something." Behind her Ally covered her mouth and stifled a giggle. "Yeah she says he has to sleep on the couch tonight. So she wants us to sleep here instead of there." Ally told them. "Yeah sure of course." Arizona told them chuckling. "Are her parents going to bring her things over or do we have to pick them up?" Arizona asked. "What? Oh ummm I don't know. I'll let you know." Sofia said obviously itching to run off again. "Okay just let us know okay?" Arizona told them. "Yeah, yeah sure." Sofia said running off again with Ally.  "I'm guessing Ally's parents didn't want them giving us that much info." Callie chuckled after Sofia and Ally ran off. As soon as the words were out of Callie's mouth Alex and Arizona cracked up laughing harder than before. "What?" Callie asked. But Alex and Arizona just continued to laugh. "What? What is it?" Callie asked again obviously annoyed at being left out of the joke. "You don't - You don't see it?" Alex said through his laughter. "See what?" Callie asked becoming exasperated. "Callie...she's you." Arizona told her. Callie's eyes widened as she realized Arizona was right.