Chapter 1 - kill the dealer

The Samaritan couldn't control his shaking. One minute he was walking into a dark alleyway and the next, he was gagged, knocked out and tied up. What could he have done wrong? Those very words echoed in the mind of an early teenager prowling the rooftops, looking for an opening to strike. He had followed the Samaritan, predicting his capture and therefore locating the operations centre of his target organisation: a highly dangerous drug dealership that sold nightly rounds to anyone unfortunate enough to cross their path. This boy was determined to undermine the business and teach those men a lesson.

"Well, well. What do we have here?" A raspy voice disrupted the silence.

From between the dark forms of two armed men, the owner of the voice emerged. He wore a dark cloak and his chalky hands were twiggy and wrinkled. The boy cringed on the rooftop and lowered himself down a drainpipe for a closer look. He caught sight of the mans face and gasped. Blood red eyes scanned the Samaritan from under the hood. Other than that, the man's face was white and chalky, matching his hands.

"Oracle, I need you to search for a drug dealer with red eyes." The boy whispered into his phone.

A girl's voice laced with a German accent answered. "I'm on it, but that sounds ridiculous. Although, compared to what we've come across lately... I suppose it's not that strange."

The Samaritan was fully conscious now and cowered at the sight of the abnormal eyes. "Oh, goodness! Please, I beg of you! Take my money, take whatever you want! I'll cooperate!"

"Silence!" The red-eyed man coughed. "We only want one thing from you."

The Samaritan struggled against his ropes, clearly showing some fight left in him. "You all think you can run this place? Like you own it!? You're wrong. This city has not fallen to such standards."

"You are clearly delusional." Creepy guy said, his voice low and croaky now. "This city is a joke. This city... is not even a city. It's a playground for men like me. Now, you will abide by my rules or suffer dearly."

At his last few words, the two men behind the man raised their weapons and trained them on the Samaritan. He twisted and fought against his bindings but they wouldn't budge. The boy, now concealed in the shadows behind a brick wall was listening and waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

"Keanu?" The girl's voice whispered. "I don't know the mans name, but he is exactly who we are looking for. He works for the imperial army and sells the drug 'chameleon.' He's responsible for the deaths of an unfortunate amount of people."

Keanu clenched his fist in frustration. "Thank you, Oracle. I must go now."

Everyone in the city new how dangerous Chameleon could be. Apparently, it induced powerful illusions in the minds of its users. Without another word, Keanu slid the phone into the pocket of his jeans and slipped soundlessly into a shadow against the wall. He slowly edged his way along until he was situated behind the armed men. Then, he dashed forward with remarkable speed and performed a series of kicks, punches and throws that left them sprawled unconscious on the pavement.

The red-eyed man now turned to the boy with (if possible) an even scarier look. Keanu felt his gaze burn into the back of his skull and he suddenly felt dizzy.

"An interruption?" The man croaked. "Quite irritating. Fortunately, you my dear boy, are in luck." He snapped his fingers and the ropes around the Samaritan unraveled and disappeared into the shadows. "You get to replace this kind gentleman and try my latest edition of Chameleon."