Chapter 2 - kill the dealer (2)

When Keanu came to, it was light outside. He was lying on a bed in a small room decorated with posters of zombies and men in masks holding machetes. He tried to sit up, but felt a sharp pain in his neck and went dizzy.

"Ah!" He exclaimed, bringing his hand up to the sore spot and bringing it away with blood.

There were bandages around his neck, but the blood from his wound had appeared to have soaked through. Keanu would need to reapply them, but first he needed to find out where he was. With a great muster of strength and a bad case of nausea, Keanu stood up from his bed and staggered to the door. He clutched the door knob and turned it halfway before pushing it lightly open.

"Nope!" A loud voice greeted him from outside the room.

The owner was a short... girl? Boy? Keanu couldn't quite tell. The person wore a baggy dark green t-shirt with zombie illustrations on the front and a pair of khaki shorts. They had short, dark brown hair and a splash of freckles across the nose. Oddly enough, their eyes were different from one another. The left eye was an orange colour while the right eye was more a shade of green.

"Who..." Keanu winced as another sharp pain flashed through his neck. "Who are you?"

The person (who looked no older than twelve) rolled their eyes. "The name's Kaiyo, not that it matters right now. Introductions can be made after you recover. Now, back to bed!"

They slammed the door in Keanu's face, leaving him wondering what the hell this place was and why twelve year old zombie fans with weird eyes were telling him to go back to sleep. How long had he been asleep anyway? Guess the only way to figure that out would be to sleep until that person was satisfied.

Keanu shrugged and made his way over to the bed, shutting the faded blue curtains on the way. The sunlight was no longer harsh, so Keanu could rest. He lowered himself slowly into the bed, careful not to land on his neck.

"I'm gonna be here for a while, aren't I." Keanu muttered to himself before shutting his eyes.

------

Ten miles away from the hidden base in the forest, two assassins stood in a pine tree overlooking the city. Their goal for today was simply to watch over the gate and make sure no one suspicious made their way too far into the bush. The first assassin was a boy with pure white hair and neon blue eyes. He had a natural look of innocence to him, like a child that was always confused. Dressed in a grey jacket and shorts, he looked more like a lost school boy than an assassin. After sitting down comfortably on his branch, he scanned the black iron gate that guarded the entrance to the city for the thousandth time of the day.

"Not many people have travelled in or out of the city today." The boy said, mainly to himself out of boredom.

The second assassin, who was hanging upside down from the branch above him decided to answer him. "Unusual, considering how many drug-related crimes have happened recently. You'd think that wagons full of crack would be pullin' in on the double."

The second assassin swung himself up and then lowered down to the branch next to his companion. "Hey, is something bothering you? Hikari?"

Hikari shook his head, scattering white locks across his forehead. "Nothing, really, Glen. Just tired from last night. Speaking of which, I wonder how that boy is doing..."

Glen, who had shaggy brown hair, yellowish-green eyes and no shame whatsoever, clapped Hikari on the back. "He'll be fine. You took the imperial arms from that guy you killed, right? Maybe he can use it!"

Hikari shook his head for the second time. "I didn't have time to grab it. The boy I saved... He had the drug of the imperial arms in his system. It was either save him, or obtain the weapon."