Another world..Another time...Another life

.
.

.
.
Beep

Beep

Beep

Beeeep

Beeeeeeeeeee.............................p.

And that was it.

That was the end.

The battery had died again.

How much power does it need anyways?

I let out a deep sigh and relaxed my signature frown. Yanking off my gloves, I reached for the disposable protection glasses stuck on my face before curling it into a ball and tossing it to the bin faraway.

My aim was perfect.

Rubbing my fingers on my temples in the hope to wipe away some off the disappointment, I raised my eyes to the eerie hologram illuminating the time.

7:53 pm, Sunday (already?!), February 2nd, 2401.
Wind Current Status: Breezy

Weather: Damp, but not raining.

Just a little grieving. By grieving I meant the weather was making the city look sadder than it normally is.

  I switched on my air laptop and saw my mom's missed holo-calls.

.
.

Oh well.

Time to go.

I looked back at my top-secret big investment of a machine I was currently working on, which had failed me so many times already.

I mean I know its the twenty fifth century, but let's be real for a moment; still, is this even possible?

I sighed and whacked myself on the head as if it will convince me to be a little more realistic.

No luck though.

I sighed in defeat. "Maybe..Just maybe I just dream way too big.."

I scolded myself although it never hindered my will at all. My will to make this project that I'm sacrificing so much time and things, come true.

My currently set goal, my dream.. I want to make it real someday. Someday soon. It have gradually became my sole purpose but aahh... Family first, of course.

I shook off my labcoat and slowly slid it down my arms and to my hands, before hanging it on an old mannequin head's pointy nose and grabbing my black leather jacket and cap from the old circular wooden table next to it.

I was dressed in all black, except for my very dark blue skinny jeans, and my long silky, curly brown hair.

Curly as in roaring wild.

I shut down the system before covering them securely with white blankets and grabbed my trans-remote to call the Transporter.

It took mere seconds for the Transporter to oh-so-gracefully slide open its doors.

I hurriedly pressed the buttons on the code panel linked outside and got in. The Transporter slowly started to count seconds in its assigned female voice as the door slides close.

"Dr. Sienna Ravens, the requested teleportation is accepted. Ten. Nine. Eight. Seven. Six. Five. Four. Three. Two...One, here we goooo!" A sharp flash nearly blinded my eyes and the next moment, I was in the almost empty streets of my city, blinking like crazy, near the run-down shop that neighbors around here blabbermouth that I'm unhealthily attached to.