XX. The Anomoly

Wicked's/3rd person POV

"What a shame, such a promising subject too." Ava Paige, director of Wicked mumbles, watching as the maze doors shuts out one of her prized test subjects.

"She accessed a memory!" Thomas yells, he is in charge of keeping an eye on the gladers. Tonight his special assignment is watching the girl who had become stuck in the maze.

"How? Which one?" Someone questions running over to look at the monitor.

"I don't know, she's uh, blocking us from seeing what memory she took." Thomas stammers, confused. This isn't supposed to be possible. He's watched the gladers for years, and no one had ever 'Stolen' a memory.

"It's not 'the' memory is it?" A tense voice asks, if she'd accessed that memory, she could ruin the entire test.

"No, I can still access that one." Thomas huffs, the room breathing out a collective sigh of relief. The tests are still safe, for now. But her ability to access memories is dangerous, they will have to keep a closer eye on her.

Thomas turns to add the new information to her chart:

Subject A3
Gender: female
Special notes: incredible mental toughness, brilliant, Mind control doesn't always work. ability to steal memories.

Although it might not matter, she is probably going to be dead by morning.

Thomas checks his watch, his shift is up, time to go see Teresa, then get some sleep. He stands yawning and hands off the chart and his computer to a boy, James, who is next in line.

James shakes his head, "watching people die too boring for ya, Thomas?" Thomas ignores him, leaving the room in search of Theresa.

"Heartless." James mumbles under his breath. His heart stops when he realizes who is standing behind the screen, subject A3, Skylar. Not her, anyone but her. He thinks, after watching her quiet strength for weeks, He had grown attached to her. James grimaces at the thought that he is going to have to take notes on how she dies, I hate wicked he thinks, trying to find a way to save her, but he knows it's pointless, the grievers will come and kill her just like everyone else.

Suddenly her movements catch his eye, what is she doing? He wonders watching the girl cut sections of ivy off the wall.

Please don't die