Chapter 7: Two sides to every person

I could hear voices around me, they sounded familiar. I tried to open my eyes or sit up, but I was stuck in place, eyes were glued close. Why couldn't I move?

I started to panic, and as I did I could hear this beeping sound grow louder and quicker. Where was I?

"She's panicking. Sam, Emmett. Calm her down." A voice, that sounded like Carlisle's spoke urgently. I felt a set of ice cold hands tightly grip my left hand, and a second set of hands that were feverishly hot grip my right hand. 

"Serenity, I'm here. It's okay, I won't leave." A chilling, yet soothing voice spoke in my ear. 

My heart slowed down, along with the incessant beeping sound.

"Dr. Cullen..do you know how long she'll be out?" The voice on my right spoke up.

"She should wake up very shortly."

I was drawing a blank on what had happened and why it was so damn difficult to open my eyes.

I needed to wake up..I fought with everything I had, and forced my eyes open. I winced at the pain the seared through my brain as the bright light caused a migraine. When I refocused my eyesight.

I looked up and saw Emmett looking down at me with worried eyes.

"E-Emmett.." I mumbled confused. Carlisle walked up and cautiously rested his hand on my arm.

I looked to my right, and as my eyes met Sam's it all came back to me.

"S-Sam..What happened?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Renny.."

"Serenity. How are you feeling, dear?" Carlisle asked, worriedly. I shrugged.

"Tired. Confused."

"Serenity. You collapsed because of the lack of food." Edward explained through clenched teeth. Oh no. He was mad a me.

"I'm sorry." I murmured, looking down at my hands. "When can I go home?" I asked

"Tonight. Your father is on his way." I nodded, panicking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole ride home was awkward, and painful. Charlie hasn't spoken to me much. I'm scared of what he'll say. I was his buddy. The daughter that played sports, watched baseball, went to the diner almost every Friday night with him when Bella wasn't here. The daughter that tucked him in when he'd fallen asleep in his chair, after a long and stressful day at work. The strong daughter.

He's never known about the weak version. The one that cried herself to sleep most nights because of feeling so alone, the one that hardly eats because she wants to be as perfect as the Cullens, the one who constantly tries so hard to make her father proud but only feels like a disappointment.

We pulled up to the house, and I immediately jumped out and ran in the house. I went up to Bella and I's room and closed the door, then flopped onto my bed. There was a knock on the bedroom door, but I ignored it. I didn't want to see anyone, or anyone to see me.

"Serenity.." Charlie called softly, trailing off. I clutched onto my pillow as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Just...go away." I murmured, feeling miserable.

Soon enough, Charlie sighed. I let the tears fall as I heard him retreat away from my door in defeat. Why did I ever have to be born?

I didn't realize how hard I was crying until I felt cold, small arms wrap around me, pulling me into a tight hug. I didn't have to look up to know it was Alice. I accepted the comfort, and let her stay.

"Sh. You will get through this, Renny. We will always be here for you, I swear on my existence." Alice whispered. I stopped crying after awhile, feeling drowsy.

"Go to sleep, I'll go let my family know you're sad, but okay."  She whispered, and with the blink of an eye she was gone, and I let my eyes close.