A Night Ruined

‘I’m late, I’m late, I’m late, I’m late!’ Leon repeated each time getting louder and louder as he ran to entertainment room.
‘I shouldn’t have taken that right turn back at the cafeteria!’
Leon looked down at his watch and found that it was 5:53. He stopped to take a look at a map hanging on the wall.
‘The entertainment area is two decks down my best bet is getting an elevator.’ Leon yelled to himself.
Leon turned and began to run only to meet the chest of a large man with his face sending him falling back onto the floor.
‘Oh I’m sorry sir.’ Leon spoke rushing.
‘Boy what’s your name?’ He asked.
‘I’m- my name is Leon, sir.’
‘Why are you not wearing your magic colour, Leon?’
‘I-I’m a Blank sir, I have no mana.’
This tall man glared down at Leon his stare penetrating all of Leon’s will.
Something about this man made Leon terrified, yet he didn’t know what.
‘So a Blank with no mana and not wearing white…’ He spoke.
The man’s expression completely changed, he was happy now.
‘That’s nice.’ He smiled.
Leon was so stunned by the change of attitude that he just felt himself fall back onto the ground in confusion.
‘These colours are so boring; it’s nice to see someone doesn’t agree with the current trends of fashion.’
Leon was shocked. This man seemed to not care that he was a Blank and now that Leon felt more relaxed he found the time to analyse the man’s looks and features.

Of course for the beginning Leon had noticed he was tall but it wasn’t until closer inspection that Leon noticed this man’s clothes were all brown, his Magic’s coat, shirt and shoes too were all brown. He had long brown hair down to his shoulders and two long thin streaks that went down his face, even his eyes were a deep brown.
‘I’m the head of the Brown Magic house, my name is Mr Erikson.’
‘It’s lovely to meet you sir.’ Leon scrambled to his feet.
‘But I really have to go, my friends are waiting and I’m already late.’
‘That’s ok, I understand.’

Leon shot off like a bullet towards the elevator.
The elevator hadn’t been far, he dodged other Magics walking out of their room, dodged insults and  a few of the heads of magic houses.
Leon approached the Elevator he was running as fast as he could, the doors were open and beginning to close.
‘Come on stay open for a bit longer.’ Leon pleaded in his mind.
Leon tripped up and tumbled down the hallway to the elevator but at the last second the door closed causing Leon to slam into the doors dazing him.

It took Leon a few seconds to shake off his daze. When he did he noticed a boy turning down into the hallway, the boy was wearing all gold; it was Edward.
Feeling a sense of danger Leon rolled to the left and pressed himself against the wall.
His eyes darted from left to right trying to find a stairs.
To his left a little Leon sighted a door with a sign above it with stairs. Leon darted to the door and turned the handle with all his strength the door ripped open. Quickly he flung himself through the door way slamming the door behind him.
‘That was close.’ He muttered.

Three decks bellow Collin, Blaine, Alexandra and a few of her friends waited for Leon to arrive
‘I wonder where he is.’ Alexandra said to Blaine.
‘He’s not usually late. Maybe something’s held him up, he used to always get into trouble for just being a Blank.” Blaine replied.
Alexandra seemed to worry.
‘Are you ok?’ One of her friends asked.
‘I’m fine just a little worried if Edward found him…’
‘It’s fine Leon’s reckless when he gets into trouble but he’s smarter than going to look for it.’ Collin reassured.
‘Collins right I’m sure Leon will be here soon.’ Blaine said smiling.
The entertainment room was huge, the lighting was low and there was a small dance floor in the middle of the room, it lay on a floor a little bit lower than the rest only lowered by two small steps. On one side of the room there was a pool table and a few couches with a drink machine and a bar with non-alcoholic drinks. On the other side there was a photo booth and a few pinball machines nearby an air hockey table. On the opposite wall to the entrance doors there was a music system with a person operation it.
Alexandra and her friends left to go over to the couches.