Part 2

Shizuo rolled over and gave his best glare at the clock going off next to his bed. He felt over for it with his fist and then heard a crunch..
'*sighs* oh well...i'll just buy another one' He lazily sits up and then gets ready for work. He ties his bow tie, puts on his vest, doesnt even bother with his hair, and then sets off for the bar. Work goes well, no one made him mad and then at 8.30 the same girl walks in and sits at the same stool and raises her hand like yesterday.
'Hey Anya' his coworker, Katsuro says with a smile. She returns with a warm smile, thats the first emotion Shizuo has seen from the gurl other than her nuetral expression. Katsuro walks past him to make her drink, when Shizuo looks back, he makes eye contact with her and feels something change. People dont usually stare at someone this long do they? Why is she looking at me? Or am i looking at her? Anya quickly looks down and lays her head down just as she did the night before. He feels a tap on his shoulder and turns to see Katsuro looking rushed.
'Can you give this to that girl? I have to go somewhere right now'
Shizuo takes the drink and sets it down slowly in front of Anya. She raises her head and blinks a few times. She thanks him quietly. Just as he is about to leave to see someone else, she grabs his sleeve. He looks down at her face, she looks sad but still shows a smile and presses a $100 into his hand.
'You gave me too mu-' he starts but she raises a finger to her mouth. She quickly downs her drink and leaves.

---------------------------

Over the past few months, Shizuo has gotten to know Anya very well. She usually stays later now until everyone leaves and talks to the boy. They have fun. She stays with him so he wont be lonely and waits on him to finish cleaning, and when its time to close she says goodbye and he doesnt see her again until 8.30 pm the next night. She has some things about her that he finds odd. Everytime he gives her a drink, she gives him a $100. He denies it every time since they are mutual friends but she always holds a finger up to her mouth telling him to hush. He doesnt mind it though. He looks forward to talking to her every day. She makes him feel like he matters in the world. Most people ignore him or look at him with a terrified expression. Could he finally be falling for someone?

---------------------------

'So you never did tell me what you do for a living...' he trails off. Anya giggles
'Nope' she says, popping the p at the end.
'So...'
'So?'
'So are you going to tell me' he asks.
She thinks over it for a minute and then bends her finger to her motioning him to lean down. When he comes close to feel her warm breath against his neck, he suddenly feels a cold liquid running down his spine and a furiously giggling Anya next to him. He jumps and then sees an ice cube fall out of his shirt.
'Ha-ha Anya, that was sooo funny' he says sarcastically but when he turns around there was an empty drink and a $100 on the counter. With a sigh Shizuo brushes his fingers through his hair and finishes his work for the night. He will find out where she works. I know! I will stall her until closing time and walk her home. I just need to wait until tomorrow....

---------------------------

Work goes well the next day. Happy customers means a happy Shizuo. 8.28, he counts down.
'You're going to burn a hole in that clock if you stare at it any longer, Shizuo' Katsuro says with a smile. 2.....1..... and then the door opens and there stands Anya. She smiles at Shizuo and sits in her stool waiting on him. He fixes her drink and starts talking to her.
'So Anya.....'
'Shizu-kun' she replies.
Shit...i know i need to stall her but i didnt think of anything to actually say. Shizuo's face warms up when he sees her looking at him. Why is she staring at me? OH YEAH! I said her name.
'Soooo Anyaaa'
'Shizuo are you feeling okay?' She says
'Oh yeah yeaaah im fine'
'Uhm, okay then?'
'Can i walk you home tonightm' Shizuo blurts out. Anya is taken back by this but nods slowly

----------------------

The much anticipated time arrived where Shizuo gets to walk Anya to her house. They are walking with comfortable small talk when a smooth voice comes from the alley in front of them on the empty street.
'Well, well, well. Look what we have here. If it isnt my little Ani walking home with a monster.' Izaya says as he slings an arm over her shoulder.
'What?!' Shizuo says getting angry. Anya's the only reason he hasnt beaten Izaya right now.
'Oh? Didnt she tell you? Shes my favorite little worker. She works so hard all day so i pay her well and then she drinks and then goes home to her empty little life.' He says with a smirk. Shizuo clenches his fist. He isnt mad at her though. He cant bring himself to be mad at the woman staring up at him with shining blue eyes with forming tears.
'What? Does Shizu-chan have feelings for you?' Izaya gasps in fake disbelief 'it seems to me he does...i might have to do something about that' he says with a grin, and then he spins on his heel and walks away. Shizuo was about to chase after him when he heard a small and delicate voice coming from behind him.
'Didnt you say you would see me home?'

----------------------

He walked her to the door of her old apartment, said their goodbyes, and he walked to his own apartment, unaware of a certain red-eyed male watching them from the roof....

To be continued....
Vote for this story, leave a comment, add it to your library, i hope you all like it
~~Nagoya