Happy Birthday Gold (preciousmetal one shot)

AN:  Ahaha just thought of this when I was taking a shower.  Just a short little bla.  It's in Silver's POV if you can't figure it out.  And I'm not gonna put a friggen disclaimer on here because duh.  It's under fan fiction for a reason.

Arceus, I am so tired of Gold.  Yeah, Gold is my best friend and all, but him and Lyra are going to drive me up a wall.  Both talk too much and  always want to battle me.  With that, I run out of potions amazingly too often.  So, here I am, once again, making my weekly trip to the pokemart in Cherrygrove.

Cherrygrove because it's the closest at the moment.

When I walk in I immediately freeze when I lay eyes on the clerk.

Oh hell no.

It was Gold.

Out of all the people in the world, it had to be him.  Who would even hire him.  He's such an idiot, I'm surprised he even knew how to apply for a job.

"Oh hey Silver," the honey-eyed trainer greeted me, "You're looking even more radiant than usual on this fine day.  Did you do something with your hair?"  Gold grinned with his head in his hands and his elbows on the counter holding him up.

I sighed and moved to look through the aisles before answering him.  "I changed shampoo..."

"Oh yes, of course, how could it be anything different?  I could smell your loveliness from all the way over here..."

I roll my eyes and continue my search for potions that won't cost me a fortune.  Then I stop again and look over a shelf at Gold, who has a flirty, almost sly look on his face.

"Since when have you been working here, anyway?"

"Since yesterday," Gold replies, lazily analyzing his nails.

"Who in their right mind would even consider hiring you in the first place?"  I ask.

Gold shrugs.  "A friend of the family runs this joint and I needed money cause I was broke so I asked him, and since he was short on workers he said yea."

Smirking I then reply, "So he chose you out of default, then?"

"Okay, yea, maybe he did.  But who cares cause I'm bringing in the cash."

"What?" I scoff, "So you can go and blow it all gambling?"

"Psh."  Gold snorts.  "No of course not, Silver, I'm above that... and I'm also a changed man.  Okay."

"Give me a break."  I roll my eyes yet again and Gold's grin widens.

I then go on about my business while Gold is still eyeing me from the check-out counter.

"Sooooo Silver,"  Gold starts, breaking the silence that had filled the small store.

"What?"  I quickly reply in an annoyed tone. 

Still smiling, Gold goes on, "You know what day it is, right?"

I pause making sure I reply with the proper day of the week, "Sunday?"

"Hahaha, no.  Well- I mean, yea.  But today is the 21st, today is my birthday."

Completely stopping what I'm doing, I just stare at Gold.  Really?  Today is his birthday and I didn't remember?  I was planning on getting him something at the last minute, but I guess I missed my chance.

Gold's grin falters.  "Oh... I guess you forgot then, huh?" Gold looks down and waves his hand acting like it doesn't matter.  "I mean, hey, it's not like we've been best friends for all the years that we've been best friends or anything.  It's not a big deal..."  He attempts a smile, but it doesn't really work out for him.

Not saying anything, I begin to roll my eyes, but stop abruptly, after realizing the position I'm in.  I forgot my best friend's birthday.  But he's not even my best friend, he's much more than that.  We've saved eachother's asses I don't know how many times, and he's been there for me when Blue couldn't be.

Gold is one of those people that hardly ever gets sad because they are always in such a great mood, but when you are the cause of making them sad, you immediately feel like shit because of that exact reason.  And I've made him sad...

The raven haired trainer then pipes up and points to a spot to the left of the counter.  Answering a question I never asked. "The clearence potions are over here."  He says quietly.

"Oh okay,"  I walk to where he pointed and grab what I need.  "thanks."

He nods as I lay the items down on the counter and he rings them up.

I need to think of something to talk about, to cheer him up before I leave him here for the rest of the day.  Maybe I shouldn't leave him, though.  Oh, but I can't stay here for the rest of his shift.

"What time do you get off of work?"  I ask, not only trying to make conversation, but to stall as I think of something.

Gold smirks a bit, but it still isn't as cocky as it usually is.  Maybe he thought of something funny?

"Eight, why?"  

"Oh..."  I shrug, thinking still.  Then it's almost as if a light bulb goes off in my head.  "Hold on."  I walk away from the counter, leaving Gold with a confused look, and go back through the aisles.

I grab several of Gold's favorite foods and ingredients for a sandwich, then take them up to the counter.  "I'm buying these too."

He still has a confused look on his face as he slowly rings up the new items and puts them in bags. "Okaaaay..."

Then, I proceed to pull a Gold move on the one and only.  "Cherrygrove has a beach right?"  I ask, playing dumb (which isn't too hard when you're with Gold.)

"Yeaaaaa..."  Gold's eyes lighten up at the odd question.

"So,"  I say, casually grabbing the two bags and handing Gold the money, "What would you say about meeting me down there, for a small birthday picnic after you get off of work?  Just you and me?"

Gold grins wider and brighter than before.  "Haha, what really?"

I nod once.  "Yep.  Meet me down there after you get off, like I said."  I begin, backing out of the store with my stuff.  "See you at eight," I say, waving my fingers slightly, leaving Gold with one of the most cheerful expressions on his face that I've ever seen.

"See you at eight."  I hear him reply, as the doors swing shut.

AN:  AU in which Gold works at a PokeMart and has a big crush on Silver and Silver doesn't even know what the fuck his feelings are.  But wow