Chapter 12

Chapter 12:

I wake up alone but the bed is still warm behind me, Jax obviously just left , I cuddle the pillow and smell the musky mint smell of Jax , he always smells so fresh. I’m not sure if I dreamt the words that Jax whispered in my ear last night and I’m not sure if I mind either way, my feelings for Jax seem complicated especially now that Drake and I are a couple, the only thing I know for certain is I need them both.

Georgina is still asleep , I lazily get out of bed putting my hair in a messy bun and I walk to the kitchen. Looking in the fridge I see that it's empty, apart from all the beer, great. I decide to take a shower and a drive to get some groceries.

When dad passed away, the lawyer told me that dad had left me quite a large sum of money, the lawyer saw what my mom was going through with the drugs and he informed me that I should keep my bank account, that he opened up for me, a secret in case Georgina decides to spend all the money on more drugs. I didn’t understand how she didn’t know that dad had left me the money but I guess she was so high all the time it just didn’t register.

So I decided that I would keep the money a secret and help mom when I needed to. She never did ask me where I got money from and sometimes I thought she knew it was from dad but she never did mention anything. Dad left me quite a lot of money, I couldn’t use it all until I was 21 though, dads lawyer arranged that I could get some money each month that I would be able to use if I should need anything but that still meant I couldn’t use the money in my account for college because I’ll be 18 when I leave school, giving me three years till I was able to use my inheritance, so I needed to get a scholarship in the meantime.

Walking down the aisles getting groceries as I go, I hear my name being called so I turn around and look in the direction.

An older lady down the aisle is waving to the lady that is standing next to me obviously her name is Alexia too , I don’t see her face I just see her long dark hair , she is relatively tall. She turns to look at me staring at her and I blush,” Sorry, I thought someone called me, my name is also Alexia,” I explain to her.

Her face looks so familiar, she looks at me like she recognizes me and I see shock go through her face, “Did you by any chance know James Blackwood? “ she asks as she looks at my face as if she is trying to remember who I look like.

“Oh yes, he was my dad …how did you know?” I ask her.

She smiles at me and tears start falling down her cheeks as she pulls me in for a hug, realization hits me ... That’s why she looked so familiar, she looked like my father.

“You’re his sister? He named me after you…” I trail off as she loosens her hold on me and wipes the tears from her face.

“I know, I don’t really go by the name Alexia anymore though apart from the older people that tend to stick to our birth names everyone else calls me Alex. I’ve been in contact with James throughout your childhood; your father is so happy and proud. I can’t believe James is gone.” She says as she looks over my shoulder and more tears fall, seeing her like this makes my eyes start to water, swallowing the lump that’s in my throat I give her a reassuring smile, “I know, it’s been hard… I miss him so much. I can’t believe you’re here, you look just like daddy!” I say as I smile at her.

She laughs, “Honey I was just about to say the same thing to you, guess we Blackwood’s have strong genes, “she says as she winks at me and I laugh.

“Why don’t you come visit me for lunch? I live in the town over its not too far ,I would really like to get to know you better and I promise I will explain anything you want to know , Oh he’s going to be so happy I found you!” she smiles at me and pats my shoulder.